Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 6.4.12

Old 06-04-2012, 12:21 AM
FitDay Member

Default 7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 6.4.12

I'm back in and ready to work hard... how about you?? Goals to follow...
Old 06-04-2012, 12:31 AM
FitDay Member

Weekly Goals:

1. Walk daily, weather permitting.
2. Calories between 1000-1200... I know it's low, but it's just for 2 weeks.
3. 3-4 fruits and veggies daily.
4. NO bread, cheese, frozen yogurt, etc. Think clean, clean, clean food.
5. Loose 2-3 lbs. this week... results on Saturday.
6. 80-100 oz. of liquids a day.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Back for another try! been gone with family issues...

1. log all food.
2. stay in 1600-1800 caloric range.
3. walk 10,000 steps daily.
4. Drink water- at least 64 oz per day.
5. Keep calm, pray daily, hourly for patience.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

Yo, Quinn! Thanks for starting us off this week.

I'm so ready to start off AND FINISH this week with clean eating, ample water, and exercise.

Stepped on my fickle scale this morning and was delighted that the first three times it read 212.5 and the fourth time it read 213.5. I usually weigh three times and take the highest as my official weight because it often gives me three different numbers when I step on it three times in a row. I jinxed myself by stepping on it the fourth time. But that's OK--I managed to maintain my pre-graduation celebration weight of 213.5. If I see 212.5 on that scale tomorrow, I'm claiming it as real and official. LOL

I take fish oil for high cholesterol and triglycerides. Adding red yeast rice powder capsules at suggestion of my doctor (warning: should be used ONLY with your doctor's approval as it has interactions with several prescription drugs. But I read online that even if you aren't on any other meds, you STILL should have your doc's approval to use red yeast rice as a supplement.

Goals this week:
Calorie limit 1500
Carbs limit 25g
Fiber minimum 25g
Dietary Cholesterol limit average 250mg
Saturated fat average 11% of total calories
Protein average 120g
Water 64 oz.
Exercise 5 times

Last edited by Mern; 06-04-2012 at 01:39 AM.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:51 AM
FitDay Member

1.) Workout x3
2.) Stay under 1500 calories/day
3.) Drink 64 oz. of water/day
4.) Keep studying for candidacy exam in August

Same goals as usual, I think...magically gained 3 lbs over the weekend, but I imagine it's some water weight from eating out and also from my sore muscles from yesterday's hike.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

I hear my presence has been requested

I haven't had a lot of time lately for posting and I wasn't able to keep up with the thread anymore so I kind of stopped posting and just kept tracking. I have been doing well at not gaining but I am still stuck in the mid 240's range since early in April. Today it is 243.6lbs. I have gotten it as low at 241.6 on Friday but then Aunt Flo came a knocking (even though she isn't supposed to anymore). I have learned not to let it bug me as long as within the next week I get it back down where it was.

Especially this week. I have to get back where I was because Friday we are leaving for a weekend (Fri-Mon) in the woods by the lake!! Oh yeah! R&R is much needed and well earned in our house this year. We bought a used pop-up early in spring and have spent some time cleaning it up and I am so ready for campfires and walks in the woods.

Things have been going pretty well at our house. The oldest son is almost on honor roll for the final grades this year. He would be if he hadn't pulled a D in science for missing a project in the first marking period. But first year in high school and we had a lot going on. I can't be too hard on him. LOL ... Youngest son is still going to special school with therapy. He will be attending Mon-Fri all summer as well. Currently we are working to make sure if he needs to do academics during the summer to make sure that he passes 7th grade this year. I don't want him held back another year. He had an extra year in between K-garten & 1st grade for maturity so he will already turn 19yrs old within a week of graduation if he doesn't get held back any more. I don't want him to be 20 if I can prevent it. He is doing much better at home. I hear he is still having trouble with peers and authority at school which lets me know he is not ready to go back into public school yet. Maybe till the start of the new school year but I am not pushing it. I am not up to dealing with all of that again right now anyway. This school has been the best thing that we have found for him so far and I feel it just needs the time to work for him. He has to learn to trust the Dr there and in the past 2 times that we were there I felt him opening up just a little more. Laughing and talking so I know he is going to come around, it's just a matter of time & being stubborn.

I thought maybe you would like to see an updated picture or two so here goes....

85lbs lost!! ...

These are my jeans. Size 30 on the bottom....size 16 on the top! 7 sizes lost!! I resized this but it keep showing up huge on my screen. Sorry!

I guess that's about all the update for me...how have the rest of you been?
Old 06-04-2012, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome back ladies! Awesome job April!

Tori said that I could make both of our goals.

I figured I'd change it up a bit. First I put up some goals between us, then I'll list Tori specific goals and specific goals for myself.

First things first, we both have to make our journal public for this week and post the link.

Now that I got that out the way, IT'S ON LIKE

Tori vs. Mike Goals
1) highest % of weight lost (post beginning weight)
2) most ounces of water per day
3) most servings of fruits/veggies (fresh, frozen, V8, doesn't matter)
4) least amount of bread
5) most miles walked

Tori specific
1) find a new doctor
2) no smokes
3) no frozen dinners (frozen lunch is okay if you are working)

Mike specific
1) write 3 policies
2) no Blasts
3) 2 RAK

01gt4.6 - free online diet and fitness journal
Old 06-04-2012, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

Go, Quinn, not only back but starting us out!!! Yeah!!! She's back... with a vengeance (picture that being said in movie announcer voice.) Seriously it's so good to see you here.

And April, it is so good to hear from you. Hell yeah, we missed you. And so glad things seem to be going so well with your boys. They are both making such incredible progress; I hope you give youself credit for your patience and perserverance. You're such a great mom. Enjoy your weekend away. Love the picture of the jeans - worth a thousand words as they say. Keep going; you're doing great - on all counts.

I for one am interested in the Mike/Tori challenge. Not sure who I'd bet on if I were a gambling woman. Just gonna have to root for both.

Mern, thank you for letting me know I am not the only one who jumps on the scale at least 3x in a row. That last one always gets ya.

Frenchhen, good luck with the goals; hope the issues resolve.

And Joanna, those 3 pounds will be gone in a flash; just stick to your goals. Those are the stinking stealth pounds that sneak up on all of us. If you've been working out a lot, maybe it is muscle?

A new week; let's make it a good one.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:16 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:

1) 8 glasses of water minimum
2) 1650 calories maximum
3) walk or gym (back permitting) 3x
4) stretch every day
5) 500 "real" words a day 5x a week
6) 1 hour writing a day 5x a week
7) 5 veggies/fruits per day
8) try not to worry soooooo much
Old 06-04-2012, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in. Same goals as always. Hopefully I'll do better with them this week.

Good to see you, April!

1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600)
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/gardening/Richard Simmons/stationary bike)
3) 20% protein minimum
4) 64oz water minimum
5) calorie deficit 700+
6) take vitamins
7) lights out by 11 the night before

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.