Notices

Hello

Old 06-07-2012, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hello

Good Morning,
My name is Shelly and I just joined the site.
I am 42 and need to loose about 43lbs. My goal weight is about 135.

I could really use a buddy for support. I always start out well but soon fall right back into my bad eating habbits. Like eating because I am bord or emotional eating.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Shelly,
Welcome to FitDay. I think you will find lots of buddies here. All of us have been, or are, in the same boat you are in - believe me. And all of us will attribute our success to honestly logging the food you eat and the activites you do. One of the great things about FitDay is that it allows you to take responsibility for your own success (and occassional failures, if I am being honest) because it gives you the tools to see the good, the bad, and the ugly in our diets.

Try logging your foods as you would "normally" eat for a week or 2. Then use the charts and graphs to take a good hard look at what is going wrong. Too many calories? Work on reducing protion size. Too many carbs - simple sugars and starches? Start replacing them with better choices.

Some of us are on prescribe diets like Atkins, lots of us just try to modify our normal diets to keep them in line with our goals.

Check out the many threads here. Chime in when you have a question or idea. And most of all don't be a stranger. We are all in this together!
Old 06-07-2012, 03:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bean401
Good Morning,
My name is Shelly and I just joined the site.
I am 42 and need to loose about 43lbs. My goal weight is about 135.

I could really use a buddy for support. I always start out well but soon fall right back into my bad eating habbits. Like eating because I am bord or emotional eating.
I am also New here! I wish you great success!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 06-07-2012, 05:34 AM
FitDay Member

Bean your a similar story to mine. Ive been a member here since like 2005 but really got serious end of Dec 2011 when I was at 171. Im 5'3" and I am 43 years old. I now weigh 146.5 and am 6.5 lbs away from my goal, to be in a normal BMI.

I calorie count and try to exercise 2-3 times a week. Some days are easier than others, I admit. But logging in everything that goes in my mouth has been the key to my success. And planning ahead. Life goes on and there will be times when the family wants to go out to eat. You can still do this and lose weight. You just need to check out menus ahead of time, and walk in there knowing what you are going to have and what your calorie limit is. If you dont, and you are like me, you will eat like the old self, which is why I am here in the first place!

Good luck, Keep on trying, and read the forums often! I can vouch for the fact that the people here are very motivational and helpful!
Old 06-08-2012, 05:57 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks

Thanks everyone for the welcome.
I have been logging my food today and it is amazing how fast it adds up.

Everyone have a great weekend.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:42 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by bean401
Thanks everyone for the welcome.
I have been logging my food today and it is amazing how fast it adds up.

Everyone have a great weekend.
It sure is. I am in the carbo loading phase for a race on Sunday, so have been eating like I used to for lunch. Yesterday I had a stuffed potato - yum! and 700 calories! Today I have a wonderful deli roast beef sandwich - came in at 600 calories. If I add that to my normal 300 breakfast that leaves me with 500 - 600 calories left for dinner, which is usually my biggest meal of the day. And that's before I add any of the beverages. YIKES.