Notices

30 pounds in 30 weeks

Old 01-12-2010, 04:26 PM
FitDay Member

Post 30 pounds in 30 weeks

Hi,
I have been on diets constantly and am always and forever looking for a 'quick' way to lose 3-5 pounds in a week or even more. Depending on what the certain diet would promise...Anyway I am by no means overweight, but want to get back to my model body that I once had and loved!!! I have 2 kids, my youngest now 13 months and he is my 'little shining star' while my oldest is my 'sunshine'. Both boys.. Anyway, I have now decided that I am going to workout 60 minutes a day everyday, no rest (for the wicked!) seriously, I find that when I rest I have a really hard time starting again. It is going to consist of 40 minutes a day, separated into 2-20 minute walks (3 mph on the treadmill) and then one for 20 minutes on the elliptical (resist 7) and 'try' to eat between 1550-1600 cal a day..8am200,10am150, noon300,2pm150,4pm150,6pm400 and then 8pm 200 calories. My goal is 1 pound from Friday to Friday and IF I happen to NOT reach my whole 1 pound loss for that Friday I will work out extra throughout the weekend to get to that last part of that pound to be lost by Monday morning. I had skipped weighing myself for 3.5 weeks, because a friend of mine said that is how she did it and felt better Not looking at the scale all the time ( I weight in 2-3 times a week) so I decided to try that "NEVER AGAIN" I gained almost 10 pounds!! Soo anywhoo, I am LOVING Fitday once again to help me keep track of my progression/journal..THANKS Fitday, I have been using you since 2004 and have LOVED the upgrade!! Anyway, I will be putting in my progress each week, if I lost or not and what I DID do to finally lose that last piece of a pound
Old 01-13-2010, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

By the way 158. Not going to say my height, nothing like that because I don't want to hear 'you shouldn't need to lose'. When I hear that then my brain says cheat, cheat all you want here and there and then I WILL NEVER meet my goal...However, I DO welcome, 'sounds great, keep it up!'
Old 01-13-2010, 04:22 PM
FitDay Member

Did not do well on the diet aspect again today. However, I do have a new twist....because I ALWAYS want to eat!!

Starting tomorrow I am still going to workout the same, but have a 20 oz cup of cappachino (diluted) and then all day long much on a "free food" from my list. But only the 1 food and eat as much as I want of it and then change the free food the next day and so on BUT in the evenings still have my suppers with my family. That will not change.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:28 PM
FitDay Member

FREE FOOD LIST: grapefruit, melon (any), oranges, peaches, plums, strawberries, egg whites, greens (snap peas, string beans), tomatoes, sugar free jello, apples, raspberries, tangerines, pineapple and blueberries and blackberries.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:09 PM
FitDay Member

If you want support and helpful suggestions stating your age would help. Mommy weight is different for each based on age. Many woman without kids have great tips for you.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:22 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

hi my weight is also 158 and i just joined today. i want to get down to 135 by april 10th which is about 2 lbs per week. i also recently gained about 10 ibs by NOT weighing my self regularly and also holidays and stress and stopping my exercise routine since oct. my plan is to get back in the gym(s)that i am a member of, at least 4 times per week ,work out cardio for straight 45 min, wt train and keep to 1400 cal or so .... biggest thing for me no eating after 6pm.. definitely works for me.. good luck to you
Old 01-14-2010, 04:41 PM
FitDay Member

Looks like you and I are pretty much on the same bus! I also forgot to add that for lunch I was going to do 300 calories..I would LOVE to lose 2 lbs a week, also so we'll see how the regime goes, but one thing is for sure. I am not stopping now. Using old tips from a diet I was once on, worked like a charm...It is literally called WeightLoss4Idiots (because it is idiot proof). There is just some people out there that it works for them not to weight in every couple days, week and just month to month. I found that no matter what I am not going to do that again cause now I am working my butt off trying to lose it...The flip side is the more I workout the more hungrier I am (of course)...I do my weight tomorrow morning at work...this weekend regardless is going to be my regular routine and then something aerobic/sporty for another hour during the day and plan on doing this every weekend...WISH ME LUCK!! Tomorrow I will hopefully be 157. My current goal is not to eat after 10pm and then after a couple days going to take it down to 9:30 and so on, until I am at 7pm..I don't get home wtih my son until 6pm and so supper is at 6:30pm, otherwise your 6pm would sound great to me!
Old 01-14-2010, 04:43 PM
FitDay Member

HI!
My age is 35, but still feel like 20
Old 01-15-2010, 06:58 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Hi, Fellow Fitdayans!

I am 5"3 and weigh 120 pounds. I want to lose 10 pounds. I look forward to exchanging weigh-loss tips and stratergies. God be with us......

Last edited by mrs_shyjoe925; 01-15-2010 at 07:11 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Goth Angel
FREE FOOD LIST: grapefruit, melon (any), oranges, peaches, plums, strawberries, egg whites, greens (snap peas, string beans), tomatoes, sugar free jello, apples, raspberries, tangerines, pineapple and blueberries and blackberries.
I got to thinking about your free food list you are planning to munch on throughout the day. I would run the numbers on each food before considering it "free." For example, 1 egg white only has 17 calories but contains 3.6 proteins....not free by any means, but a good choice for a protein in your diet. Also, looking at the peach, it contains 38 calories and 9.3 carbs. That's allot of carbs for a "free" food. Just a little "food" for thought for ya. Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.