View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 03:51 AM   #25 (permalink)
Mern
FitDay Member

Cate, welcome fellow low-carber! I was fortunate to catch my pre-diabetes (6.2 A1C average blood sugar) in time and fortunate to be able to reduce my blood sugar through diet and exercise alone. I have a wonderful doctor who also serves as my low carb dietitian. Now with normal blood sugar (5.6 A1C) I continue my lifestyle of a limit of 25 grams of net carbs per day: total grams of carbs less grams of fiber. My food list is a combination of Atkins and Carbohydrate Addicts LifeSpan Program. I'm so sorry that you have fibro like a few of our members have. My heart goes out to all of you. We have something else in common--I'm five foot nothing, too. Best wishes on your exercise--baby steps worked for me-- you can add more exercise as you and your doctor decide. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Nobe, aw, huge hugs to you! My DH never seemed to get it when I was sick either, so I understand where you're coming from. I hope you do manage to not deal with it by overeating. It'll just make you feel worse in the long run. Not that I haven't done it, but I regretted it.

Cassie, I hope you can get some good sleep soon!

April, maybe live-in GD's car will bring her and and her younger sister closer together. They're as different as night and day, so it was nice to see them share that first drive today. Kudos on your fresh veggies--laden with vitamins, low calorie, and they can add such variety to our menu.

I never did catch up with last week's thread. I haven't forgotten--just have been so busy with the end of the school year stuff.

If anyone asked me a question or said something to which you expected a reply, please bring it to my attention and I'll reply ASAP. Thanks for your understanding.

I misspoke before. I said my LDL (bad cholesterol) and high triglycerides have come down quite a bit through diet and fish oil capsules, but not enough, so doc are attempting further reduction without meds. I neglected to credit my exercise which also helps bring them down.
Weight 8/14/2014 lowest in a long time 224.2
Weight 9/23/2014 doctor visit 233
Weight 11/14/2014 228.8
Mern is offline   Reply With Quote