Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
What would you enter for metal detecting activity? >

What would you enter for metal detecting activity?

Notices

What would you enter for metal detecting activity?

Old 06-03-2012, 01:52 PM
FitDay Member

Default What would you enter for metal detecting activity?

I didn't see it listed anywhere. I don't know what I should log it under as its more intense I think than walking since you are also carrying heavy gear, walking, bending, stooping and digging. Sometimes I do 4-5 hours a day so it is very tiresome. In fact on days I detect, my gluts and hamstrings will be aching at end of day more so than if I had done a load of squats at the gym.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:20 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Wohali
I didn't see it listed anywhere. I don't know what I should log it under as its more intense I think than walking since you are also carrying heavy gear, walking, bending, stooping and digging. Sometimes I do 4-5 hours a day so it is very tiresome. In fact on days I detect, my gluts and hamstrings will be aching at end of day more so than if I had done a load of squats at the gym.

The first thing that come to mind is using "gardening" as surrogate. There is a lot of similar movement: walking, bending, digging, and getting up & down off the ground.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks! That's a really good idea and it makes sense. I looked online last night and read detecting burns on average 250 calories per hour so I will see if gardening is pretty close.