Need Help Using Fitday!

Community
Notices

Need Help Using Fitday!

Old 06-01-2012, 08:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default Need Help Using Fitday!

Hello!

I was told by someone recently that once you input a food, you don't have to put it in again. For instance, I just started this yesterday and I inputted strawberries, raw (100g) to my list of yesterday's foods and I can't figure out how to bring that up again for today. I have to input strawberries again, look for strawberries, raw, and then change the amount to 100g again. So it doesn't go into a list of foods that I eat regularly, same type, same quantity?

Thanks for any help!

Nix
Old 06-01-2012, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

Hi there,

You should be able to find it under "recent foods," click on it, and it will fill it in for you. Alternatively, you could just add the quantity you eat the next time to the entry that's already in your list, though some prefer to keep it as two separate entries.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:28 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry! I don't know how to do that either. But welcome to fitday and good luck with your journey.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:26 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Nixeypixey
Thank you Shawna!

I do have a couple more questions. I just got done adding a Custom Food with all the nutrients and I accidentally put the wrong quantity of grams. Its says 1 instead of 100. How do I correct that? I don't want to have to input it all again!

Also, how do I remove an item from the Custom Food list?

Thanks again!

Nix
Hi Nixey and welcome. I am also a newbie, I joined one week ago. I was using a different calorie counting site before and adding a food, or changing anything or even entering a meal would take upwards of an hour - who has that kind of time!

With fitday its pretty easy. You can edit your custom food by clicking on the food item in the list. You will see "add" and "edit" below the nutritional information. You can click on edit to change amts, wt, or any of the fat,cal,carb, etc.

I too would like to know how to delete an item - I was showing a co-worker who wanted to know how to count her Timmy's double-double coffee, but now I have that item and I would like to get rid of it! Any veterans out there who can help?

Cheers,
Old 06-01-2012, 12:48 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Nixey,

thanks for the edit/delete tip. I guess if it's really annoying you can always delete and re-enter the item. Even so, I have found this site to be SO much more user friendly than the other site I was using, with a huge added bonus being all the extra tools and of course these forums. What a support network!

I don't know anything about smart phones, my cell plan is voice only, and it's all I really need. I know some workplaces bar a lot of sites, but mine doesn't so I don't really need a smartphone, not now at any rate.

cheers,
Old 06-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

Nix, does it work to click on "Edit this Food"? Can you change the quantity there? If not, it may be worth it to one time just create it as a new custom food the way you want it to be, then you won't have to change every time.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:13 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Originally Posted by Nixeypixey
Hi again Cate!

I just noticed you are the same height as me and started at almost the same weight! hehe

Height: 5' 0"
Starting Weight: 173.8
Current Weight: 151
Goal Weight: 115
Secret Goal: 110

I've been on Dr. Simeon's Protocol (aka HCG Diet), and I mean the exact protocol like in his book Pounds and Inches.... not like the many HCG diets out there that have been revised and foods added to make it easier for people. I started May 1st, down 22.8 lbs. and I feel great! Love it!

Nix
How Fabulous for you! great job for one month! I read some of the threads here on HCG and googled it cos I didn't know anything about it - if it works for you great.

I am diabetic and was told by my dr. that I would probably have to make the move from oral meds to injection insulin. He scheduled an appt with an endocrinologist for July 9 to get that rolling, and in the meantime ADDED yet another oral med to the cocktail I am already taking. I do not want to go on insulin, SO I immediately started Atkins. I had the book, have read it cover to cover (a couple of times) and have toyed with the diet here and there over the past few years - always making excuses.

Now 6 days in, I find myself having to check my blood sugar several times a day, not to see how high it is, but to make sure that I am not in danger of crashing from blood sugar being too low. Today I did not take the new med (glyburide) and didn't need it. I am still taking the Janumet, but my blood sugar now rivals an average adult NOT suffering from type 2. I feel so much better I think I should record my blood sugar results and not my weight in my signature

cheers,
Old 06-05-2012, 04:12 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Nix,

I started the Dr. Simeons protocol (HCG Diet) on April 25th and my starting weight was 261 lbs. and my current weight is 232 lbs. I think this is the best I've felt in 15 years.