Hello from Florida >

Hello from Florida

Community
Notices

Hello from Florida

Old 06-01-2012, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hello from Florida

So I am morbidly obese and have had to have 2 major surgeries (and a few minor ones) due to some tumor issues. They were all in my lower abdomen and I look like I am 9 months pregnant. Anyhow, I was not looking to lose weight since I figured I am a lost cause. Did I mention i have exercise induced asthma, too? Anyway, I saw a pin for this site in Pinterest and thought, "What the heck, let's just see what I eat versus what I am supposed to". Well, that was an eye opener for me. I don't think I had ever been really honest with myself about some of this not being because of the medical issues.

After logging my actual food intake and weight on May 21st, I have tried to be more conscious about what/how much I eat. In 11 days, I have lost 10 lbs . Next week, I'm going to try to add in some exercise !!
Old 06-01-2012, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator

Hi bigtrouble! How cool that we're on someone's Pinterest .

There is no such thing as a lost cause! I hope that you hang onto your motivation and realize that you are worth getting healthy. It sounds like you're off to a great start. I hope you post around in the forums and let us get to know you. There is a lot of information here, and a lot of support as well.

You don't say how much you have to lose, but you may want to check out the 100+ to lose thread in the weight loss section (even if it's not that much or if it's more), there are a lot of folks who have the experience of having a lot to lose (and even more to gain, in terms of health and well being). But feel free to jump into any thread that appeals to you!
Old 06-01-2012, 02:42 AM
FitDay Member

SO AWESOME!!!! I agree with Cassie " There is no such thing as a lost cause!". Look what you have done in one week..............Sweet. Good Luck
Old 06-01-2012, 02:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Hi bigtrouble! How cool that we're on someone's Pinterest .

There is no such thing as a lost cause! I hope that you hang onto your motivation and realize that you are worth getting healthy. It sounds like you're off to a great start. I hope you post around in the forums and let us get to know you. There is a lot of information here, and a lot of support as well.

You don't say how much you have to lose, but you may want to check out the 100+ to lose thread in the weight loss section (even if it's not that much or if it's more), there are a lot of folks who have the experience of having a lot to lose (and even more to gain, in terms of health and well being). But feel free to jump into any thread that appeals to you!
Thank you so much for the welcome. I will head out in to the forums now 1
Old 06-01-2012, 06:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ahappieru
SO AWESOME!!!! I agree with Cassie " There is no such thing as a lost cause!". Look what you have done in one week..............Sweet. Good Luck
Thank you!