View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 02:36 AM   #196 (permalink)
catebert
FitDay Member

Default You are so right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
For anyone reading this and serious about losing weight. I CAN NOT STRESS HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR PROGRESS, NO MATTER HOW PAINFUL IT MAY BE!
Hi everyone, I am new to this site, and also new to posting. I have just read this entire thread and am motivated more than ever now. I was thrilled to find this site because of the ease of tracking food - (if you bite it you write it), and the ability to track weight, mood, having a diary, and best of all the forums.

I had a huge wake up call 2 weeks ago at the Dr. I am diabetic since 2004 and had gone from metformin to a combo drug, and even with my 3 mo. blood sugar has gone up to 16.5 (normal should be about 5 - 20 = sugar in urine, blurred vision, diabetic coma). Dr.'s next step was to refer me to endocrinologist and probably go on insulin. So here I am. no more excuses.

I started Atkins May 26 and have lost 4 pounds, but more importantly my blood sugar has gone down to consistent readings between 6 and 8. In 5 days!! In fact I had a reading of 4.6 this afternoon which is good even for a non-diabetic!

I am feeling so much better already, even tho have not started any exercise yet. I have some health issues (severe chronic pain related to an injury in 1999), but will start this weekend walking everyday - even 15 minutes is more than I am doing now, and am hoping that I will have more energy once the sugar is out of my blood (and muscles, and kidneys, and eyes.....)

I also hate to have my picture taken (because I'm FAT), but Mike, I will take your advice and take one this weekend, and I'll post it too. Seeing your journey has increased my already high motivation. Thanks for the thread!

Joined 25/5/2012
Height: 5' 0"
Starting weight: 170
Goal Weight: 115
Plan: Atkins

Mini goal: 159 by August 31
currently: 161

Eat five different coloured vegetables every day!
catebert is offline   Reply With Quote