Notices

fried oreos

Old 05-27-2012, 10:22 PM
FitDay Member

Default fried oreos

OH NO!!! I went to a carnival last night and saw someone with a bowl of FRIED OREOS so of course,me being me,I had to have one,(okay,2 ) anyway-not that it matters now,but any1 kno how many calories in those suckers? They were delicious by the way!! But not worth it because I'm obsessing over them now!
Old 05-28-2012, 12:59 AM
Super Moderator

Just Googling, I get (per cookie):

Calories 130.48
Fat (total) 9.16 grams
Protein 1.72 grams
Saturated fat 0.81 grams
Carbohydrates 11.21 grams
% Calories from fat 61 %
% Calories from carbs 33 %

Although I have to say, there were calorie values that ranged from 80 to 230, depending on the website. What I usually do is try to find the most common value or take an average. I guess it depends on what it was coated in, if anything. Carnival food is a challenge...they will deep fry anything these days!

What part of Maryland are you from? That's my home state .
Old 05-28-2012, 06:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default fried oreos

Wow! Thanx for the info! Guess I need to do an extra mile or 10 on the ol ' elliptical 2night huh? I'm in Carroll County Maryland town called Westminster -ever here of it? Kinds halfway between Hanover PA, and Baltimore. What part were u from?
Old 05-28-2012, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator

Hey there! Yep, I'm familiar with Westminster, had WMC on my list of colleges but went to the Eastern Shore instead . I have close relatives in Frederick County (Middletown) and some extended family in Woodbine and Sykesville.

You're making me homesick and I MISS CRABS!

I grew up in Baltimore County, on the southwestern side; Catonsville.

About those Oreos...a splurge like that every once in a while won't kill ya, but if you feel really bad about it, it's easier if you try to make it up over the course of a few days rather than all at once (depending on how big the splurge was ).
Old 05-28-2012, 08:15 AM
FitDay Member

Yummmm crabs! Not to rub it in but we had some last Saturday n they were AWESOME! where do u live now that there's no crabs? Maybe u could start a new 'fad 'there n turn some people on to them.my dad is from South Carolina n they BOIL their crabswhen he cooked them MD style those people thought they had died n went to heaven.
I have only just started trying to get fit n lose weight so I'm not really gonna beat myself up 2 bad bout those cookies but damn were they good.Truth b told that n a couple bites of my daughters ice cream is the worst thing I 've ate in weeks.Baby steps! I have lost 12 lbs in a month so I not doing 2 bad.only now the scale hasn't moved in a week n I'm getting frustrated.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
You're making me homesick and I MISS CRABS!
Come to New Orleans, I hear it's easy to catch them down here.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:52 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Carnival food is a challenge...they will deep fry anything these days!
You are so right about that. I saw something on tv a while back made me gag . Deep fried...... wait for it ..... butter! yup. they take a stick of butter, yes 1/4 pound of butter, put it on a stick, dip it in pogo batter and deep fry that sucker! I don't even want to think about the (non)nutritional information in that. yuckkk!!!!
Old 06-02-2012, 04:39 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Come to New Orleans, I hear it's easy to catch them down here.
Best post ever lol
Old 02-24-2023, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

what is demainsia?
Old 02-28-2023, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

I have no idea what it is. First time I hear of something like this.