View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rubystars
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama_Loca View Post
Yandry, I am preparing for WLS and I have also given much thought to what you are experiencing. You've only just had your surgery, this phase will end soon enough. Maybe try eating at a slightly different time then the rest of the family and separate yourself from the eating rituals for a short time. Out of sight, out of mind. Take a deep breath and think about how great it will feel to be healthy and energetic. If you're carrying around over 100 pounds of extra weight right now, think of what you'll be able to do with it gone. I'm talking faster than a speeding locomotive, able to leap tall buildings with a single bound, It's a bird, it's a plane, no, it's Yandry!
I would suggest you not do the weight loss surgery unless you're extremely overweight and in danger of death from it. I'm against these kinds of surgeries for the most part because at the end of the day you will still have to control your eating. You will have to make a CHOICE to avoid overeating and having a small stomach will not prevent you from making bad choices.

I have a friend who had this and she's very morbidly obese again because she never dealt with the reasons why she overeats. Being overweight is in your head. Deal with the emotional issues you have with food or any other problems related to your mind and food and you will be able to lose weight more naturally.

All the surgery does is cause you to reduce your calorie intake for a while. You can do that on your own by choosing not to eat over a certain amount of calories. It's your choice what you put into your body. If you feel that you cannot control yourself in this regard then your problem is NOT that your stomach is too large. Your problem is mental/emotional.

WLS is misnamed. It's not weight loss surgery. All it does is mutilate your stomach. There is an alternative product, a sort of liquid you can drink that coats the inside of your stomach and makes it smaller temporarily. It's gotten really good reviews. I don't remember the name of it right now but a while back I saw an ad for it on fitday. I would recommend trying something like that before having a doctor basically ruin your insides.

I think even something like that would only be a temporary fix although it could help for a while.

You CAN control how much you eat, and you CAN do it without dissecting yourself.
Rubystars is offline   Reply With Quote