Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Motivational Thread 5/21/12, Oh dear Lord, it's bathing suit season!!!! >

Motivational Thread 5/21/12, Oh dear Lord, it's bathing suit season!!!!

Notices

Motivational Thread 5/21/12, Oh dear Lord, it's bathing suit season!!!!

Old 05-21-2012, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivational Thread 5/21/12, Oh dear Lord, it's bathing suit season!!!!

Good morning lovelies! The sun is not shining, but I'm up anyway, I've put in a 60 minute workout, even thou it was interrupted not once but twice, I got right back into it and got the whole thing done. I've had a really good low cal, high protein, low fat breakfast and I feel ready to take on the world. Okay not the world, just the garden. So I'm off to plant me some veggies and pull some weeds. Now who's with me?
Old 05-21-2012, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:

1. Calories 1,200-1,550.
2. Water 100 oz.
3. Exercise 4 hours. 60 min
4. Log everything.
5. Housework 45 min daily + 1 load of laundry.

That's it, I have a lot going on this week, it will be amazing if I can manage just that bit.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:37 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in this week:
Goals:
Eat clean all week
Log daily, everything
Walk 6 days
water intake 64 oz a day at least
Old 05-21-2012, 02:17 AM
FitDay Member

Here I am! Same goals as last week.

1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600)
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/gardening/Richard Simmons/stationary bike)
3) 20% protein minimum
4) 64oz water minimum
5) calorie deficit 700+
6) take vitamins
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice)
Old 05-21-2012, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, great job last week! I love how you tackled your excuses. I wish I could come up with fixes for my weak areas. This week I'm going to work especially hard on eating dinner a little later so I'll snack less in the evening. Oops, just as I wrote that I recalled that I was doing well losing weight when I could do several small meals instead of three larger ones. The past couple weeks have been whacky with scheduling due to responsibilities of extra chauffeuring of grandkids. Yeah, that's it, I'll blame THEM. Naw, really, that had a lot to do with it but I simply need to plan meal times better around being in the car. "Where there's a will, there's a way."

Ama and Cassie, I'll send "The Prophet" to my sister-in-law and brother when I'm done reading it.

Amy, thanks for starting us off. I was going to do that, but I couldn't come up with a fun or inspirational title. Kudos on your early workout already! Great way to start out breakfast with low cal, low fat, high protein.

I woke with a bad headache this morning but didn't take anything for it because I have a blood test tomorrow morning and I don't want anything to skew the results as I'm convinced it did three months ago. I put a heat pack on my head and rested for a bit in the recliner and it does feel a little better. Going to the Y in a few minutes--don't know if the exercise will help my headache or make it worse.

Countdown: Kids in Ohio have to use a booster car seat between 40 and 80 pounds or to age 8. Only four more days of moving grandson's booster twice per day to give GD's BF a car shoulder belt for his ride home from high school to my house--and then return the booster seat to it's regular place in the car to take GS to school the next day. The last day of school for high school seniors is Friday. THEN my younger grandkids are going to Kentucky to visit their Dad for the rest of the month of June, so I'll be kid-free during that time. GS turns 8 at the end of June so the last day for the freakin' booster seat is June 6th. This will be the first time since 1995 I haven't had a kid's car seat or booster seat in my car! HOORAY!

Last edited by Mern; 05-21-2012 at 02:41 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:32 AM
Super Moderator

I guess I need to dust off my pink thong and come back.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:44 AM
FitDay Member

Blood type 0 diet - m/y
calories intake max 1200 - m/y
exercise my routine every day - m/y
drink neem - m/y
don't eat junk food - m/y
don't drink alcohol - m/y
drink lots of water - m/n
Old 05-21-2012, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Good Lord, Mike! Is that a pink thong swim suit?

Tunnrida, best wishes with the blood type diet.

Shoot, I'll have to exercise at home today instead of at the Y because of extra kid chauffeuring duties and DH went golfing so he can't help. I HATE not having school busses!

--Gotta pick up one GD from school at noon at take her to her BF's house.
--Then leave here at 1:40 to pick up her sister from H.S at 2:15. Gotta be there half an hour early to get a decent parking space, otherwise it takes an extra 20 minutes (not kidding) to exit the parking lot.
--Then leave here at 2:30 to pick up the younger grandkids and my daughter won't be here until 4:30 to take the kids home.

But I also have to count my blessing of having grandkids to begin with and being in a position to help my daughter who can't afford child care.

If I save exercise for the evening it doesn't get done. So I'll get out my aerobic walking DVD.

Last edited by Mern; 05-21-2012 at 03:04 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:28 AM
FitDay Member

Six simple goals for a not so simple week!

Goals for the week of 5/21
Water (70+):
1500 cals or less:
Gym 2x this week or Crunch workout:
Pushups every day (10 minimum):
Lose that super-duper stubborn 1lb this week:
1 load laundry/day:

I was doing so good last week until the solar eclipse party last night... all my fault since I cooked the whole meal and decided to make a casserole so I could leave it in the oven and watch the eclipse. The recipe had cheese in it which put me over... Then we celebrated a friends birthday afterwards so there was cake. Then a 2nd bottle of wine got opened... My excuses are lame, I know! I love Mondays when I can start with a clean slate

Ama

Age 39, 5’6”
3.5 lbs to Goal (Again)
Old 05-21-2012, 03:36 AM
Super Moderator

Oh gosh, I'm back!

Sorry to up and disappear on everyone. I've been battling with some personal issues and a bout of depression for the past couple of weeks, but I am finally over the hump and feeling much better! I think the stress of a bunch of things piled up on me, but I was finally able to let myself get it all out. It had been a very self-indulgent depression and I'm happy to be rid of it. Still dealing with stress, but my whole outlook feels different.

I weighed in at 161.4 this morning. Better than I was expecting! I do feel as though I've got some blubber back that I thought was gone for good, but that's the nature of these things. Hopefully I will be back under 160 soon!

Back-in-the-saddle goals:

Food, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals

1) Log everything!!!
2) Deficit of at least 3,500 calories
3) Exercise four hours
4) At least 80 oz. of water per day, no excuses!
5) In bed by 11:30 every night
6) A reasonable pie chart
7) Weight in M, W, F and report here M:161.4

Other Goals:

1) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: yes
2) Call about housing for new job!
3) Rein in the computer time at home
4) Report one wonderful thing that happens every day

I'm not giving myself a strict calorie goal for days this week, but as always, I aim to keep it under 1,500. I've come to the conclusion that for me right now, my exercise and deficit is more important, so I want to focus my goals there. I will add it back in when those goals are more firmly established. I seem to have my eating generally under control - even when depressed these past two weeks, I didn't go crazy on food. It's the exercise that has been my blockade for awhile now, and I just need to suck it up and do it. Exercise is what is going to keep my healthy in the long run!

Work is going to be crazy through June, but I am going to make an effort to really report every day, no excuses!

Happy Monday~

Terri

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.