Notices

New to Forums

Old 05-26-2012, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default New to Forums

Hi Fellow FitDayers,

I am not new to FitDay, but as yet have just lurked in the forums. I am starting over on a new diet--the Big Breakfast Diet--and tracking my calories/nutrition with FitDay. I have a BMI right now of 33.5 and need to get to a healthy weight.

I have tried low carb, HCG, WW, and numerous other diets, with mixed results, but am back to square one right now. I have become more sedentary over the past 10 years and I am trying to add more activity to my days as well.

I had metabolic testing done earlier this year and found that as well as being overweight, I am pre-diabetic with an A1C of 5.8 and hyperinsulinemic on top of being leptin and insulin-resistant. This motivated me to step away from the denial I was in and really work hard to improve my health. I am looking forward to using these boards for encouragement. Cheers!
Old 05-26-2012, 03:18 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome Diamond,
Yup nothing like a little reality check to get motivated. Glad you have decided to head down the heathy trail.

It looks like you are quite experienced with the various diet trends. I don't know anything about the big breakfast diet, but most of us find simply keeping track of what goes in our mouths, keeping the pie chart as balanced as possible (calories from protein, fats, and carbs) and making time for exercise is what works over the long haul.

Hop on into any of the on going threads (or start one of your own) - lots of company here on your road to health livine .
Old 05-26-2012, 03:52 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forums!

Sounds like you have a good motivation to take charge of your health! It can totally be done. We have at least one member who is a regular on the Women's Forum motivational thread who is totally controlling her condition through diet and activity...no meds...it's pretty impressive.

One step at a time.

We're glad to have you!