Notices

I am new here.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:18 AM
FitDay Member

Question I am new here.

Hi my name is Nadine, I am going on 32, have a 4 year old daughter and 13 month old b/g twins. After i was done breastfeeding my weight shot up 30 pounds and now I am struggling to loose that weight. I recently started to go back to the gym again. I go 5 days a week and also walk in the evenings with my neighbor. We don't eat much junk maby once a week we have take out but i mostly cook our meals. We have two weaknesses and those are desserts and alcohol, by any means we don't get drunk every day but at the end of the day we like to have a beer, glass of wine or maby a mixed drink. I just don't know how to boost my metabolism. After the twins it just seems to be so much harder...
Anybody have some tips or is in the same boat?
Old 05-25-2012, 06:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by neal_nadine
Hi my name is Nadine, I am going on 32, have a 4 year old daughter and 13 month old b/g twins. After i was done breastfeeding my weight shot up 30 pounds and now I am struggling to loose that weight. I recently started to go back to the gym again. I go 5 days a week and also walk in the evenings with my neighbor. We don't eat much junk maby once a week we have take out but i mostly cook our meals. We have two weaknesses and those are desserts and alcohol, by any means we don't get drunk every day but at the end of the day we like to have a beer, glass of wine or maby a mixed drink. I just don't know how to boost my metabolism. After the twins it just seems to be so much harder...
Anybody have some tips or is in the same boat?
Hi Nadine,

I think the gym and walking is a good start. I have found it take awhile for you metabolism to kick in. How long have you been walking and going to the gym??? Welcome to fitday and good luck.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:38 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Renee,
I started last week and i like to get that time for myself. I really want to keep it up I just never expected it to be that difficult. I am not very good with diets, I just like food too much. I will up my fruit and veggie intake instead of sweets hopefully that will help.
Thanks for your reply. Has this program helped you?
Old 05-25-2012, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Hi neal_nadine; welcome to FitDay.

As far as boosting your metabolism, regular exercise and building muscle are the best ways to do it.

Diets don't work for a lot of us. There's a quote that says "the best diet is one you don't know you're on." See what swaps (for healthier stuff) you can make for things currently in your diet, so you don't feel deprived. Desserts and alcohol, unfortunately, can be some pretty big calorie bombs, but you could switch out for lighter versions.

Also, in your post, it says "we." It is often easier if you have someone to make these changes with you...do you have a partner/support system in this?

At any rate, hope to get to know you!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 05-25-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:23 AM
FitDay Member

Cassi, thanks for your reply. By 'we' I mean my husband and I. We do not work out together because of time an juggling the kids nurse eat together at dinner time. We both know what we want and support each other as best we can. I go to the gym by myself and in the evenings i go walking with my neighbor who also wants to loose weight. She recently weight watchers and is totally motivated. We keep trying and don't give up.
I will keep you up to date, got to get the kids ready and i am off to the gym.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:32 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds like you have a great plan!
Old 05-28-2012, 07:16 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Nadine,

Making healthier choices is one of my biggest problems too! I do love sweet stuff. No one is good with diets. I know what you mean by “time for myself“ it‘s hard when you have kids. I’m glad your making time for yourself it’s important. It sounds like you know what you want and have a good start so keep up the good work.
I like that fit day helps keep track of my exercise, food and weight, that helps me a lot. For me and probably many other I really have to be in the right frame of mind to lose weight and I am there right now. Like many others I seem to keep losing the same 25 pounds over and over again but I would rather do that than be at 240 again.
Hope you have a good week.