Notices

Old 05-23-2012, 09:27 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy newbie

Hi all! Been on FitDay for almost a month just got courage up 2 say hello. April 26 I weighed in @ 198 lbs- biggest I've ever Been in my life.Signed up for Curves been going 6 days a week for btween 30 n 45 min.PLUS using an elliptical at home for 2 15 minutes sessions a day.Lost 12 lbs so far.Any1 have tips 2 speed up process? My goal is 145 by September 26. Thanks!
Old 05-23-2012, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

Hi sneekspeete, welcome to FitDay. We're glad you got the courage to post and hope to see you on some other threads also, and look forward to getting to know you.

About speeding up the process...actually, I honestly don't think you can get more speedy than the 12 pounds in a month you've experienced. Usually, one to two pounds a week is a safe, sustainable, and manageable goal. Generally, the weight comes off more quickly at first.

I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear, but the good news is that you've taken the first step toward becoming healthy and feeling great about yourself. In truth, slow and steady wins this race.

We're glad you're here and look forward to getting to know you. There is a lot of information and experience here, so dive on in! Check out the Women's Corner threads for some lively discussions .
Old 05-23-2012, 10:15 AM
FitDay Member

Thx 4 the quick reply. I know there's no quick fixes -I get impatient! Plus none of my shorts from last yr fit anymore! I will check outthe women's section! Thx again n look forward 2 talking 2 every1!
Old 05-23-2012, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to FitDay. Be patient young grasshoppa. Trying to lose that much so quickly my result in you setting yourself up for failure. You MAY be able to do it but it would be extememly difficult.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:26 AM
FitDay Member

So, here I am again! I have found myself getting a little obsessive with this exercising!I went to Curves for 45 min this morning,and have done 3 x 17 minutes on elliptical(about 1 mile each time) averaging 160 calories per 17 min.Will get on it again tonight at least once more. Anyone else finding themselves doing this?No matter what or how much U do I don't think its enough.