View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 04:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
showmenow
FitDay Member

Hi Kathie, I have confidence that you will do well! A new year is always a good place to start. Just be accountable to yourself. You know what you need to do- you did it before!

I want to lose another 20 lbs or so which would put me at about 160. I am 5'9" and the charts say that is my "ideal" weight is about 170.

One thing that has helped me tremendously is setting monthly goals. I usually come in within a 2-3 lbs of the goal- both to the good and the bad. My overall goal for last year was to lose 172 lbs- half my body weight. I ended up losing 155 so I wasn't off by much.

While I feel much better, I am not sure I actually look better. It is hard to explain. I have worked so hard to lose the weight and now I am not happy with the way I look. I guess at some point I am going to have to have surgery to remove all of the extra skin. I was really looking forward to looking good this summer in shorts and a swimsuit but in my opinion I will need to wear sweat pants and a long sleeved top to cover everything up LOL! Has anyone else had this problem?
showmenow is offline   Reply With Quote