View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
VitoVino
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielcarter View Post
I am also a software developer, and I don't want to hear that crap about "you want them to take time to remove you from X or Y database".
Well too bad. I've said it. And I'll say it again: "Now you want a tech to take the time to go in and delete all your data from 2 separate databases, on an anonymous account that nobody but you will ever know about."

Quote:
Yes, if you take people's personal information, even for a free service, ESPECIALLY something like personal health, I believe you have an obligation to allow users to remove or redact that personal information.

I'm not saying that I want you to dig into your DB by hand and personally write the delete statement, I'm saying you should have designed a methodology for me to do it.

That capability was NOT built into FitDay to begin with. So I stand behind my "Now you want a tech to take the time to go in and delete all your data from 2 separate databases, on an anonymous account that nobody but you will ever know about."

Quote:
And don't get snide about "tech people's time" with my personal information. Obviously if the "premium accounts" have the ability to do it that methodology exists; they should have exposed the function to their free clients as well.
Not getting snide, stating FACTS. And your facts are **wrong**. There it NO CAPABILITY built in; only with the Premium accounts will a tech go in and delete the data. Get it? Good!

Take that, software developer!

By the way... "exposed the function"??? Do you mean GIVEN PERMISSIONS??? You don't even talk like a developer so I call you on this as well.

Think of food as fuel for the body instead of feeding emotions

Last edited by VitoVino; 05-23-2012 at 04:03 PM.
VitoVino is offline   Reply With Quote