View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 12:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rubystars
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamas0407 View Post
I gained 30 lbs during my pregnancy last year, which brings my total to around 60 lbs since I've turned 30 (I'm 33). Throughout my pregnancy I ate like a pig and barely got off the couch but I vowed to go bootcamp-style after she was born and work it all off within three months. HA! I dropped around 30 lbs immediately after delivery, but within months I gained back 20 lbs. It's over a year later and I can still fit my maternity clothes! And I'm ashamed of myself. My family teased me, making mean and insensitive comments when I was pregnant because I gained soooo much. Now, since I haven't lost the weight, I feel uncomfortable and ashamed, so I avoid them. 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter and even my daughter's first birthday, I isolated us and made excuses to stay away. But it's not fair for me to isolate my daughter and keep her from people who love her because I won't stop eating. What's worse is I self-sabotage constantly. I diet, lose some weight, then I go off the deep end. My husband makes indirect comments so I know he's losing patience with me, and I feel bad about myself, but still I do nothing to change. I look at pictures from a few years ago and burst into tears- when we met I was a size seven. I'm now squeezing into a 14. I feel unhealthy and fatigued all the time, and I want so desperately to change but I just feel stuck....
You have to not do it for them. Decide what's important for you. Don't tolerate people treating you that way. You deserve better. You must demand to be treated with respect, you must expect to be treated with respect and not accept anything less than that.

Is it something that you really want to do for yourself or is it something you feel obligated to do for them? If you can just try to maintain your weight for a while. That might be easier than trying to lose when you have all this emotional stuff going on.

When you're ready to lose, do it because you want to and because it will make you feel better, but not to stop other people from acting inappropriately. They shouldn't be actng like that even if you had gained 100 lbs.
Rubystars is offline   Reply With Quote