View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
volleyballgranny
FitDay Member

Your water goal should start at 8 8oz cups per day--that's 4 16oz bottles. Believe me, you will soon get to the point that 4 bottles goes FAST!

If at all possible, cut out all the sodas--diet AND regular. If you can't, make sure you have cut out all sugar--sodas and baked goods. What WW doesn't take into account on the points system is that many foods act as "triggers" and make people hungrier. Sugar is one of the worst for that. I remember the old days of WW--they'd tell us to eat a dill pickle spear to kill the craving for chocolate (sugar).

Food allergies can cause us to gain--even when we think we have a healthy diet. Wheat is one of the things that my body can't tolerate. It puts me to sleep...lately, it has given me migraines. Apart from that, I'm not supposed to eat it because of microscopic colitis.

For your veggies, concentrate on the leafy greens...and tomatoes. Avoid (or limit) the ones with lots of sugar--like onions, carrots, and beets.

Those first 20 lbs should be pretty easy, but once they are gone, it's going to get tougher--you'll have start counting calories or carbs...points may not be enough.

Also, make sure that you visit the doctor and have bloodwork done. If you turn out to be insulin resistant (as many overweight people are), you'll need to restrict carbs (rice, potatoes, bread, etc). Most people don't totally eliminate them, but you have to make that choice yourself. I have eliminated them--and lost 40 (so far) of the 60 lbs I had to lose. I eat pretty much all I want of leafy greens, tomatoes, avocadoes, etc. I love the way I eat...
volleyballgranny is offline   Reply With Quote