Rotisserie chicken >

Rotisserie chicken

Community
Notices

Rotisserie chicken

Old 05-11-2012, 12:14 AM
FitDay Member

Default Rotisserie chicken

I'm up several pounds overnight but I think I ate a pretty salty meal last night. I didn't realize how much difference that could make.

Rotisserie chicken is injected with a salt brine, right? I hope that is it. Picking up a chicken at the grocery store is a convenient way to get dinner on the table quickly but has its drawbacks.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:42 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Yeah, it's not uncommon for me to have two or three pound upswings after a particularly salty meal. Fluid retention, thankfully, is only temporary. This a good reason to only weigh in once a week--helps to even out those swings.

Oh, and I love rotisserie chicken--just had it the other night. To make matters worse, did up a stir-fry with soy sauce to go with it. A double shot of salty goodness. Fairly healthy, except for all the sodium. Something to enjoy in moderation (like so many tasty things!).

Regards,
Michael