Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Off-Topic
increased work hours and mental status... >

increased work hours and mental status...

Community
Notices

increased work hours and mental status...

Old 05-09-2012, 12:37 PM
FitDay Member

Default increased work hours and mental status...

I am a telemarketer, till last month I used to work 7 hrs a day sitting job. My employer changed work culture and from this month we are allowed to work from home too as we are working with 'HTC's android phones' with 'My Sales Dialer' application. I can continue my job from mobile phone. so my one place sitting condition is changed. As to get incentives my work hour increased to 12-13 Hrs. but now my condition is different I am facing various health problems. is it due to changed working conditions or because of increased work hours? or it not related to my job at all? I don't know... but now I am trying to reduce my working time to 10 Hrs max..
Old 05-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

It's probably stress related due to automated calling of people that are registered on the Do Not Call List, like myself.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:32 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry to hear about all the stress. How about you post your telephone number here and we'll all give you a call and chat about it. What time do you eat dinner?
Old 05-10-2012, 02:44 AM
FitDay Member

Various health problems could be just about anything. Probably you are just getting older. It happens.

So you just have to meet a certain amount of calls and in between you are doing other stuff? I don't see how you are working for 13 hours straight unless you are working fewer days.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

Last edited by Happyhawk; 05-10-2012 at 02:47 AM. Reason: double post. have to get used to 30-second rule?
Old 10-21-2015, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

I guess there are the pros and cons of telecommuting. Of course, he advantage is you can work at your own pace which seems to be more workable for some. The disadvantage of course is trouble with the system you are using. Like me, I am not the techy type so, most of the time, I'd depend with our IT personnel even to the simplest thing possible. When you work at home, it would be a breeze working at home if you have a reliable assistance from your main office.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:51 AM
Super Moderator

It helps relieve stress to move and stretch. This you can do at home now that you have that freedom! I'm sorry you work so many hours.

You would think that adding a little bit of walking and a stretch would add time to your day but it only has to be two or three minutes every hour. You can walk, step outside and breathe some fresh air, stretch. If you're indoors, put some music on to lighten your mood. Then, back to work.
Old 09-06-2016, 07:50 AM
FitDay Member

continuously sitting in front of a computer screen could cause of a stress and bad health so u have to give time to ur health
Old 02-11-2022, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

To stay full of strength and energy, always give your body healthy nutrients, a little care, and keep exercising, these are my secret tips. But also do not miss an important component such as psychological health. Because your general condition and the condition of the whole organism as a whole depend on psychological health. Do some research on your general condition and use By following this simple trick, you will be able to get your mental and physical state in shape and be able to stay fresher and more active during the day.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 04-24-2022 at 12:22 AM. Reason: link
Old 03-24-2022, 12:59 AM
FitDay Member

I am very familiar with sedentary work and I want to tell you that there is nothing good about it. I think you should pay attention to the little things around you first of all.
Personally, I love flowers very much, I even paid for a "bouquet for every month" service from And every month I get a new and beautiful bouquet, which pleases me and my colleagues.
This makes me feel great in the workplace.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 04-24-2022 at 12:23 AM. Reason: link

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.