Notices

Need to get summer ready!

Old 05-02-2012, 02:51 PM
FitDay Member

Wink Need to get summer ready!

Hey everyone
I'm new to this website, but so far i'm loving it! I used to be quite active (do 1/2 marathons) but hurt my back and I can't be as active as I used to be. I'm 33, and want to get back to eating healthier and feeling good about myself. When I joined I started at 180p, It's been over 2 wks and I've lost 10pounds. I have my cheating moments but try to keep it within the allowed calories and workout everyday. I'd like to have a buddy to keep going and help each other achieve our goals - anyone interested? I loose a few then i gain a few does this happen to you..?weird!

I'm a female, 33, no kids, active, ex-runner...
If you're out there holla :-)

oh my goal is 145 by the end of June...July...I tend to slow down after 150p...

Last edited by summeready; 05-02-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Hey and welcome to FitDay. Two areas you may want to check out are http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...king-club.html and http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...get-ready.html . The second one starts off with a new thread new every Monday but feel free to join in at any time.

What kind of back injury do you have? I messed up my L5&S1 about a year ago but I find that walking seems to help. I've done two 1/2 marathons since my injury.

Good luck and stay focused.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:01 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Summer - good luck to you. Sorry you can't run anymore. Same for me (for now). I had ACL replacement surgery in late January, and am now about to start a walk to run program.

25 pounds in 2 months is a pretty ambitious goal. Keeping the wieght loss to 1 - 2 pounds a week is usually better for you. But if you can do it - terrific! What sort of exercise do you do instead of running?
Old 05-03-2012, 01:05 AM
FitDay Member

Hey guys!
I do yoga - 2 to 3 times a wk. Go to the gym everyday, do cardio one day and weights the next and so forth and so on. I've been eating well but still find it difficult to not eat sweets! my biggest weakness. I make sure I'm eating within healthy limits by setting goals - it does help to keep a eye on things that make us unhealth - great tool. I want to run I too hurt my L5 S1 while training for halfs...did it for too long. Now I just try to do other sports. Cycling season is fast arriving... I'll see how my back reacts. I need to start walking at lunch I know it helps. What other things do you guys do to feel better? Im gettting an MRI soon to see what the problem is exactly. Thanks for the reply guys
Good news went from 170.8 to 167.8
Karen