Notices

Hydrostatic Body Fat Testing

Old 06-17-2010, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hydrostatic Body Fat Testing

I was at my chiropractors office last week and they had some flyers on the counter regarding a mobile hydrostatic body fat testing service for July 1st.

I figured what heck, so I signed up and it was only $49 bux. I've been really wanting to know my exact body fat percentage and have only been using the online calculators and as of today (6/17/10) I'm at 14.9% BF and I just turned 43.

I really wish I had done this when I was still a fat basterd back in March '09- that's when I started my journey and I weighed around 212-215lbs.
*EDIT* I just went back to when I started keeping track (3/30/09) and plugged in the numbers and here's where I started at:
Body Mass Index: 30.8 kg/m2
Waist-to-Height ratio: 0.64
Percent Body Fat: 32.5%
Lean Body Mass: 140.4 lb

WOW! 32.5% Body fat compared to today's 14.9%

So has anybody out there done this test? Sounds pretty simple and quick.
I've also been training for my first 5k run on July 3rd, and it's gonna be interesting to see what my percentage will be by the 1st.

Here's the link-
Welcome to Body Fat Test Home

Last edited by sw07; 06-17-2010 at 04:34 AM.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator

Default Congrats on getting it down!!

Pretty interesting...what did you have to do? How did your results from this compare with what you were getting from the online calculators?

Good luck on your first 5K! I'm trying to get up the nerve to do one but will probably wait until this southern heat passes a bit !
Old 06-17-2010, 07:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Pretty interesting...what did you have to do? How did your results from this compare with what you were getting from the online calculators?

Good luck on your first 5K! I'm trying to get up the nerve to do one but will probably wait until this southern heat passes a bit !
I used this online calculator-http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html

I still have 2 weeks until I do the hydro test, but is's supposed to be the best & most absolute way to find body fat %.

Ya, I'm a lil nervous about running that far during the summer months, but we've been having a mild summer so far......
Old 06-17-2010, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator

So sorry...I thought the 14.9% was the one they measured hydrostatically. You have made awesome progress...be sure to check in after you have it done so we can see what it was like...
Old 06-17-2010, 08:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
So sorry...I thought the 14.9% was the one they measured hydrostatically. You have made awesome progress...be sure to check in after you have it done so we can see what it was like...
Most definitely, I'm also curious to see how close the online calculators are.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:41 PM
FitDay Member

*Up Date*
Got my results today from the mobile hydrostatic bodyfat testing service.
The test was at 12:30pm and I weighed in at 162lbs.
My body fat percentage is at 12.8%

I also plugged in the same numbers into the online calculator that I've been using and those numbers were way different.This one told me I was at 19.3%.
Diet Calculator, Body Fat Calculator

So ya- If you can afford to do it, do it. I also got a detailed report of current status and goals, target weight, and my actual resting metabolic rate and which exercises will burn the most calories.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:41 PM
FitDay Member

Great job SW! What is your target body fat percentage? It seems like might be there?! I don't know your height or anything about what amount of fat you're working towards.

I wonder which variable makes the site over estimate your body fat %. I'm gonna go to the site now and check out my stats.

Also, if you get the chance could you write out what exercises they recommended to burn the most calories?

Thank you for sharing and congrats again on your awesome stats!
Old 07-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

That's fantastic, sw07! I'm sure it made your day . Be proud!!

Now, on to the 5K!
Old 07-02-2010, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

Ya thanks! It’s good to see all of my hard work is paying off.
The tech suggested 10% bf for my next goal and to re-test in 6 months.
I’m 43 and 5’-9” and have been consistently stuck at 160lbs for a few months now
My girlfriend keeps telling me that I don’t need to lose any more weight, but I keep telling her I just want to get a little more leaner.

I really dunno what the variable would be, but I took my measurements prior to getting dunked and also used the weight the tech used when I plugged in those numbers into the online calc. I was a little shocked at how much it varied.

I’ll scan and post the exercise vs. calories burned info later today.

Thanks again for the congrats and ya, the news definitely made my day!
Tomorrow is the 5k run- woohoo!

Originally Posted by blackrhino2
Great job SW! What is your target body fat percentage? It seems like might be there?! I don't know your height or anything about what amount of fat you're working towards.

I wonder which variable makes the site over estimate your body fat %. I'm gonna go to the site now and check out my stats.

Also, if you get the chance could you write out what exercises they recommended to burn the most calories?

Thank you for sharing and congrats again on your awesome stats!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by sw07; 07-02-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:40 PM
FitDay Member

6 Month Up-date:
Re-tested today and I'm now at 11.5% BF

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.