View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 01:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
showmenow
FitDay Member

Default After a year I just found this forum!

Hi all, My name is Deanna 44 yrs old- uggh I have been using Fitday for a year and just found this forum today.

January 1, 2009 I weighed 345. Today I am down to 185. I have lost 160 lbs in one year. I went from a size 32W to a size 12/14. I know the struggle everyone is facing but you CAN DO IT! I have completely changed my way of thinking in terms of food. I now eat to live instead of living to eat. I also have to say that I am tempted by food daily but my new mindset helps me overcome that. I have a husband, a 14 yr old and a 16 yr old. With two teens there is a lot of junk food that comes and goes through this house. While I am cooking much healthier for my family, I do not deprive them because I have a weight problem. I will cook one dinner for them and another for me.

My family and friends have been SO supportive. I think that makes a big difference. My kids give me a high five every week when I report my new weight to them and my husband is always telling me how skinny I am getting! I have to laugh at him because I still do not feel "skinny". But more about that later.

Using Fitday has been a great motivational tool. I faithfully log in the foods that I eat each day. There is no lying to myself on what I have or have not eaten. It is what it is. If you are not responsible to yourself then who are you responsible to?

I have jabbered enough for now- I'd like to get to know all of you!!
showmenow is offline   Reply With Quote