View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jho82
FitDay Member

I'm totally with you! I also struggled with motivation - I joined the 7-day motivational thread and went from there! Started out very small and as I was accomplishing small goals my motivation sky-rocketed(if thats a word). I am also a stay-at-home mom of two (3 and 16mo) and its hard! They are busy busy busy so for me I plan my workouts when they go to bed.... I catch up on some TV and do some home workouts in my basement. Thats what works for me!

I started out with water and multivitamins - you will notice a huge difference in your energy levels! The more water the better! Next I focused on accomplishing some small goals: do 30 crunches a day or 10 min on the Elliptical. (not sure if you have a treadmill or elliptical...). Honestly, once you start you will easily be able to do more - for example I started with 30 crunches and noticed when I was finished I would just do a couple more floor exercises while I was on the floor!! Every little bit helps! After 2 months I'm up to doing about 40 min with "floor exercises" and 32-42 min on the elliptical 3 times per week (at least).

In summary - Just do it! You might be dreading it and have to drag yourself to bellydancing (I do Zumba once a week) but once you do it, you will feel soooo much better and thats the motivation! Good luck and check out the 7-day thread!!
Current : 176.5 lbs - 06/26/2013
Mini Goal #1: 170 lbs
Ultimate Goal: 140 lbs
------------------------------------------------------
**"Stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--It's when things seem the worst that you must not quit." **
Jho82 is offline   Reply With Quote