Notices

FitBit?

Old 12-29-2011, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

Default FitBit?

Anybody heard of this or used it?

Fitbit

Sorry not sure where would be the appropriate place to post this...

Last edited by Kathy13118; 12-25-2015 at 05:40 PM. Reason: removed link
Old 12-29-2011, 06:37 AM
FitDay Member

Never heard of it. First glance it just looks gimmicky to me, like a scaled down FitDay tracker with a built in pedometer. What kind of database of foods/activities does it have? Foods still have to be entered. What kind of reports does it produce? I've seen the reports generated from other sites and FitDay's are the best. One of the reasons why I'm here. This just looks like a marketing ploy to me.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:46 PM
FitDay Member

Yea, my friend asked about it and I told her it just looked like a nicely designed pedometer... everything else can be found in other apps/websites for tracking and what not so I don't think it's worth $100 for it...
Old 04-26-2012, 03:41 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Brilliant little item

I've had one of these fitbits for 3 months now and it's really good. The food tracker isn't as good as fitday, so I still track food on fitday and then just take over my calorie total each day. You dont have to do this though. Its better than any pedometer I have ever used, as it tracks stairs, calories (very accurate) and also level of activity. Its technology is more sophistocated than others. You can also track other activities such as cycling etc. Its very accurate. I have been able to assess my sleep patterns as well. I find it really motivates me to move more. Its made a big difference to me.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:23 PM
FitDay Member

I don't have one, but I've researched it, and I've been interested in getting one.

It's similar to a bodybugg, but appealed more to me since you don't have to wear it on your arm. It's a more discreet, because you either wear it in your bra or on your waistband. I also like that the website membership is free for the fitbit, whereas the bodybugg membership has a monthly fee. I've been successful just using fitday to meet my weight loss goals, and managing my calorie deficits, but I'm definitely considering getting a fitbit to help with my exercise goals. I've been working out fairly regularly, but it comes harder than a clean diet for me, and every bit of motivation helps! Also, working graveyard shifts only part time wreaks havoc on my sleeping habits, and I'm very curious how much REM sleep I average on a given day. My hope is that I could make adjustments to my lifestyle to help my sleep patterns be more consistent.

It's nice to hear feedback from someone who uses fitday as their food database. I was wondering how I would do that, because I want to continue using fitday... I have four years worth of data and custom foods entered, and I don't want to start over with a different program!
Old 09-20-2015, 03:10 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Urbanmule

Fitbit

Fitbit is a good product, but why would i need to buy just a fitness wrist band when I have apple watch and can install apps like map my run or runtastic.....

Last edited by Kathy13118; 12-25-2015 at 05:41 PM. Reason: removed link
Old 12-25-2015, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default No fitbit integration?

I'm unable to find an integration with fitbit, so I'm going to try a different food log such as my fitness pal that has this integration
Old 01-04-2016, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Urbanmule

Fitbit

Nope I never heard about fitfit. Go and google it.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:07 PM
FitDay Member

Fitbit is an American Company. They manufacture fitness product & devices for it client.
Old 01-30-2016, 03:35 PM
Banned

Fitbit is a great tool to keep you motivated to move and a great way to track your meals. Myself and everyone in my family has one. We compete each week to see who walks the most steps so it motivates you to want to win which promotes good health in keeping you walking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.