View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 07:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
JoanneKJones
FitDay Member

Default Differences V1 to V2

Ok, I have searched and found little about the differences between the two version and then decided to purchase it after searching and finding a coupon code that takes the price down to $19.95. I have spent the last day looking for the differences and this is what I have found.

First, it's almost EXACTLY the same as the original except for the sync feature which only works if you have the premium version too.

It does keep all your custom foods and logs from previous years, but seems to have removed anything previous to 2004. I purchased mine in 2003 and have used it off and on since then, so was a little unhappy that it didn't keep the original files.

It does allow you to log foods separated by breakfast, lunch, dinner etc., but so did V1.

Personally I would say save yourself $19.95 and just use the old version. I really am seeing no difference between the two. I mean they haven't even updated things like printing a weeks worth of menu's rather than doing one at a time. In fact it still doesn't have any print updates and you are simply printing the report you are looking at on the screen. There isn't even an export feature to put it into a database to print more than one.

As I use it I will look for new things and try to update this for others, but really feel like I wasted money on the newest version. I'm still trying to find an answer to my question whether premium edition would allow me to sync two different accounts. I keep track of my husbands diet and mine, so it would be nice to use my tablet on the website to enter our diets. The problem is if I have to have two separate premium memberships then it's going to cost $100 a year and that's outrageous, in fact $49 a year is pretty high too.
JoanneKJones is offline   Reply With Quote