View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 10:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
FitDay Member

What I like to do if it is a "stand-up" party (where you have the tables of food, not a seated affair) Hopefully they have shrimps and a veggie tray... is I'll make a little plate of that and then go stand outside (with the smokers) or at the opposite side of the room away from the food table. I have also been known to make my dinner and program my oven to turn on while I am at the party, and I then have an exit, exit time, and a yummy smelling dinner waiting for me at home!

If I am dining out, I make sure that I am sitting far away from any appetizers. They are hard to decipher how much calories they have and they can easily send you over your count for the day.

How I answered the "are you dieting?" I have said any one of the following responses, "I'm trying to make better choices." That one usually sparks a nice conversation... "No, I am not really 'dieting' but making dramatic changes to the way I eat." If you don't want to talk about it with anyone, you could say, "I'm just not feeling all that well today..."
Weight loss of 52 pounds
frenchhen3 is offline   Reply With Quote