View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
jnelson422
FitDay Member

I really think slower steady progress and patience are the thru "secret" to losing weight. So hard to stick to sometimes though! I am just now thinking about small goals for myself, i think part of the reason io have failed so many times before is I overwhelm myslef with to many challenges at once..food, exercise, etc...and then get depressed when i didnt see immediate results. This time I started with food only..making better choices and tracking it. Then I added in small walks and then the treadmill and longer walks. Now that I feel comfortable with both of those being added to my daily life I am starting goals and challenges. Right now i am going to set it at 10 pound increments.
I have to really keep water by myself all day to get down 100 oz. i feel so much better when I do, but it's easy to forget. I am watching my sodium as well, I have never been a table salter but I was amazed at the amount of sodium is in the food we eat already. Ive done pretty good the last week on keeping it under or around 2400 mg but all it takes sometimes is not paying attention and that can double.
jnelson422 is offline   Reply With Quote