Notices

Its on!

Old 04-16-2012, 01:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default Its on!

I joined a few years ago but never posted. I used to compete as a natural bodybuilder and lightweight strongwoman. I met my fiance last year while prepping to compete in bbing and well it went downhill... I was doing well with my coach @ the time, lost 15 percent BF and about 18 pounds in 5 weeks, managed to maintain the weight off throughout the summer but I put on 40 pounds since then UGH! lol.

My goal now is to get back into a size 6 curvy shape but my lean mass as well. I like the compliments I get on my arms all day!

My fiance not too happy lol but he is supporting me.

I am doing a lo-carb diet with lots of veggies/salads. Lean proteins and greek yogurt.

I have still managed to maintain heavy lifts in the gym and train hard but my cardio went out the window, wish me luck... the first week is the toughest!
Old 04-16-2012, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Hi there I just joined, somewhat similar story to you. Sounds like you were in great shape, I worked out a lot but I have put on 26lb since October - mainly due to depression and then a back injury for which I had surgery last week. I am 45 years old and not ready to give up - I get down about how terribly I look now but I decided it's one day at a time and hopefully my surgeon will let me get back to the gym.I am 5.4 and I look pretty ok at 140 (currently 166) as I have a lot of muscle. I would love to have a buddy to exchange tips and chat with as I try to bounce back and get in the best shape of my life. I am going the south beach way - I was wondering if eating clean for you means cutting all milk? That's my downfall in tea or coffee for the rest I am ok with no simple carbs. Anyway, good luck, we can do this!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 03:39 AM
FitDay Member

I am keeping yogurt in my diet and allowing myself a sliver of fat free cream for my coffee. I am not trying to get back on stage at this point in my life. I will be 40 this summer and just want to get back into feeling trim. I am latina so I have curves but tend to hold fat in the worst spots like most women. My hamstrings  My goal is just to look and feel good in my clothes. I have never felt so sluggish either, plus my knees are starting to hurt a tad with all the extra weight on my quads. Not muscle FAT ugh!

I am sorry about your injury but you can get back on track. you sound motivated and I will check in from time to time to see how you are. Greek Yogurt is a good source of protein and so is cottage cheese. I will also include some fats in my diet just trying not to go overboard 
Old 04-22-2012, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

Question

Hello. I'm a newby too but somehow find myself entering just about everything I eat by creating custom foods, although I think this is one of the most complete tools out there. I do find the database helpful for finding the value of a small tomoato for instance.

What I am struggling with is the ability to create my own workouts. For example, I went to the gym yesterday and spent an hour on the treadmil plus about another 30-45 mns of weight training. I know I can't log the latter but how do I log the 410 calories I burnt on the treadmil at least. I see an option for "adding your own workout" but I can't seem to figure out how it works. Help and thanks!

RAmelia
Starting weight 154 (January 2012)
Current: 142
Goal: 125
Old 04-22-2012, 02:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Cubanita.
I am Latina too (Dominican) and finding the tool helpful except for logging in our rice and beans, etc.

Trying to get back to my standard weight (125 to 130) cause I'm only 5'4 and somehow bolloomed to 154 after a December trip back home where mom cooked all my favorites for a month. I've lost a little since January (currently at 143) and tried Weight Watchers and Atkins but failed. The WW points system I find kind of dumb and as for Atkins, I can't seem to manage to get past that Phase 1 because the lowest I've been able to drop my daily carb to is 75-100 plus I don't like their meal plans and find it incredibly hard to come up with meals that keep me within the maximum carb count during that phase. I hardly eat sweets and don't have the cravings most folk talk about but I think I might be eating too few calories (800-1000) thus, how long it's taken me to drop the pound. I am working out 6 days a week (60 mins of cardio on Monday, Wed and Friday plus 30-45 mins of cardio the rest of the week followed by 45 mns of weight training) but results are coming in sloooooowly. I envy you that folks notice your arms. That's my goal to have the Angela Bassett like arms. It is starting to show a bit but I want folks to look at me and say "wow. you can tell she works out". Sorry if that makes me sound vain

So anyway, I keep at it. My husband works out with me and he is in great shape. He has guided me so far so I tell folks I sleep with my trainer!

Anyway, good luck on your weight loss goals to you and everyone else here. We CAN do this!!!!