Notices

Ground turkey recipe?

Old 04-05-2012, 12:18 PM
FitDay Member

Default Ground turkey recipe?

Been trying to look up a low fat recipe for something yummy using ground turkey.

Zucchini and yellow squash will be a side dish. Help?
Old 04-05-2012, 01:37 PM
FitDay Member

What would you normally cook to go with that side? I've switched to using primarily ground turkey in my meals instead of ground beef. You just have to make sure you season it well while cooking, because it tends to be bland. The only thing I haven't switched to turkey is a regular ole burger. I'll do turkey burgers with no problems, but sometimes you just gotta have regular ole ground beef!!!!
Old 04-05-2012, 02:22 PM
FitDay Member

Unlike Tori I never liked regular ole ground beef, so turkey works great for that need for me.

We do:

1) Turkey burgers in a wrap
2) "Mock Kibbi" (use middle eastern seasonings, serve with Greek yogurt
4) Burritos

It goes on, but it's a great go to protein. The left over burgers work well for lunch.
Abby
Old 04-05-2012, 03:30 PM
FitDay Member

I have a good recipe for turkey barley soup that uses ground turkey, but it doesn't really go with a squash side. I can type it out if you want it, though.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:23 AM
Super Moderator

Not sure how this would go with your side, but it's good: Vietnamese Meatballs Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I just sub turkey for the ground chicken. Sometimes I don't roll into balls but combine with shredded lettuce, cukes, carrots, green apple slices into a rice paper wrap.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:30 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I use ground turkey in stroganoff. I replace the beef with turkey and the sour cream with greek yogurt, but still use a can of cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup.

Saute the meat with 1 onion thinly sliced, add either fresh or canned mushrooms. Once everything is browned, add the soup and cover for 20 to 30 minutes (low heat), then about 10 minutes before serving add a cup of yogurt. We serve it over noodles, but recently I have taken a page from Mern's book and use the Dreamfields reduced carb pastas.