Notices
Like Tree1Likes

Fitday lost data?

Old 04-03-2012, 09:21 AM
FitDay Member

Default Fitday lost data?

All my customized foods, recent foods, and weight tracking info dissapeared as of yesterday?
Old 04-03-2012, 10:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by irishsean
All my customized foods, recent foods, and weight tracking info dissapeared as of yesterday?
You'd be the very first one this has ever happened to. It's difficult to take this kind of report seriously. Especially without more details.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:44 PM
FitDay Member

What kind of info would you like? I had to spend about 20 minutes re-adding a bunch of foods yesterday. All my food before yesterday is also now missing. I'm on a cyclical diet and the average caloric intake over the last month is exactly what I had yesterday. Here is an image of my weight graph which is mysteriously missing the daily weights I have put in each and every day.

Is there anything else you would like?

Last edited by irishsean; 04-03-2012 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Fixing the picture...
Old 04-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Hmmm, I have never heard of this. Did you recently make any changes to your computer?
Old 04-04-2012, 12:48 AM
FitDay Member

Nope, I rebuilt it a few months ago, but haven't made any major changes since then. I haven't even installed anything new lately.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:12 AM
FitDay Member

Servers do not delete data by themselves, that is a fact. Servers only do what they are programmed to do. I won't even get into the logistics of worms because that is not what's happening here.

Since your computer only accesses the stored data on FitDay's server, let's focus on the server, not your computer.

The data is still there on the server, if in fact it was generated and saved to begin with. There are only two possibilities why you can't access the data. You are either logging in with a different account name, and that's why your data is not showing up, or you made this story up as a joke.

Whenever I've pressed people in the past regarding fantastic claims such as yours, "magically" all of a sudden everything was fine again. When I've backed them into a corner and proved to them that what they were claiming was impossible, they all stated it was a browser problem on their end (in reality this is yet another bogus claim however). These people were just playing games, making bogus claims on the internet. People do this kind of thing all the time.

Not that you are doing that. I think you've created a new user name and have logged in using this different user name. So you'll have to try to remember what you're old account was named if you want to see you're old data. Or start new using your new user name to recreate your custom foods.

[EDIT]

Note to Mike:
You might want to change the title of this thread from "FitDay Lost Data?" to "I'm missing data" since it's IMPOSSIBLE that FitDay has lost the data and the title of this thread is basically disingenuous and hurts FitDay's image.

Last edited by VitoVino; 04-04-2012 at 02:23 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

There was no account name change. I still have the same account name, my weight goal is still the same, etc. The server no longer has the information I have saved for the last few months however. This is not something I have done, but is no longer showing up. I didn't lose the data, apparently Fitday has misplaced it.

Here is a screenshot I made a few weeks ago when I was celebrating losing a bunch of weight. It shows that there were weights put in at that time as my BMI dropped.

I do find it really disheartening that I am having a legitimate issue and the response I get from you is that I'm lying...
kyliemack likes this.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:12 AM
Super Moderator

irish, I'll send this up to admin so they can have a look into it for you.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:26 AM
Administrator

irishsean, did you at any time own or download FitDay PC?
Old 04-04-2012, 05:27 AM
FitDay Member

No I haven't, I'm interested, but haven't made that jump yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.