Notices

HI--Tips?

Old 04-06-2010, 02:56 AM
FitDay Member

Default HI--Tips?

Hi I've been using fitday for about 8 years now and JUST now got serious about my weight loss. Anybody got any tips for someone who has a hubby but isn't on board and has no family/friends to do the whole 'lifestyle change buddy' with? *headdesk*

Krishna
Old 04-06-2010, 11:30 PM
FitDay Member

My husband dosn't try to sabotage me or anything, but he is a picky eater and it's hard to get him to try new recipes. I don't really have anyone in my life that I can be a workout/diet buddy with, husband works nights and I work 3 10hr shifts a week, and I have 2 young kids so it's hard to schedule my workouts as it is. I can't imagine juggling my schedule to meet up with a buddy, especially since most of my real life friends have the same issues as far as schedules go... and that's why I post in the forums here almost every day
Old 04-07-2010, 12:15 AM
FitDay Member

Maybe a dog? They have to be walked everyday and are much more adoring and supportive than some husbands...
Old 04-07-2010, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

My hubby is very supportive, but he's trying to keep weight on. He's on a gluten free diet, and he can't put on weight with rice alone so we have all sorts of food in the house that I shouldn't eat. We have a dog, but he doesn't get walked very often (but he's a 13 year old greyhound and can't do long walks anyway).

I ended up getting a personal trainer to change my lifestyle (yes, very expensive, but worth it for the lifestyle change). It seemed that I couldn't get out of the house to workout unless I had some outside motivation. Now I'm at the point that if I'm stressed or tired, a workout always perks me up and I'm ready to give up the trainer.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

Red face

Thanks for the tips. Dogs are out since I'm allergic but I'll put it this way: stairs at work are killing me. 4 flights up and 4 flights down. Oi. Hubby has agreed to start eating more of the Greek and Italian foods, but cutting down the portions, etc.
Hopefully this is going to work out. I'm sick and tired of being in the 'chub club'

Krishna