View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
Mern
FitDay Member

Ama, thanks for your kind words and for your encouragement. I know you can kick butt this week. I decided the same thing as you earlier today --about letting myself be OK with being hungry for a while, but it's also a good opportunity for me to get in some fresh, low cal, low carb veggies like celery and cucumber, fresh spinach. I may do a little of each.

Surprisingly, I don't have much problem with holiday meals, but that's probably 98% due to the fact that I'm always the cook. I always make sure I have several really yummy low carb, low calorie dishes on the table, including green beans, tossed salad and/or a fresh veggie tray, mashed cauliflower with cheese that I personally prefer over potatoes anyway--even if I didn't need to diet. Skipping dinner rolls and other breads is not a problem for me. Easter desserts may include sugar free angel food cake with strawberries or a low carb cheesecake.

Lizzie, how's your back now? How'd you hurt it? Best wishes on being skinnier for your long weekend. We know you can do it.

April, congrats on very nice choices at Longhorn! Enjoy the cake at home. I confess to hiding and eating this weekend but I'm back on track now.
Weight 6/25/2014 233 that obviously included a lot of water retention
Weight9/5/2013 226 with an eye on "Onederland"
Mern is offline   Reply With Quote