View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 08:06 PM   #253 (permalink)
nobe
FitDay Member

GUYS! I can't recommend this enough (well, if you're a giant nerd like me):

I had an hour to myself so I dug out my old Sweatin' To The Oldies DVD. I haven't used it in over a year, and back then I wasn't really motivated, and had a one year old attached to me, so I didn't get into it. BUT IT'S SO MUCH FUN! I like it because, well, Richard Simmons is awesome, but also, they have normal people doing it rather than people who look like yoga instructors and body builders, it's basically dancing, and by the time you get really sweaty and tired, it's cool down time.

I'm probably in the minority, but I love love love Richard Simmons. All his cheesiness actually makes me really happy and even if he can't see me, it makes me want to keep going because he's just so darn excited about it. And I like that he's not just in it for the money. I read somewhere that he spends hours every day phoning strangers to encourage them. OMG I love him.

Anyway, I wasn't sure what to file it under, so I logged it as "aerobic dancing (general)" and in 40 minutes I burned 280 calories. What the what?

So yeah...I think it cost me like ten bucks on Amazon. If you like dancing and cheese, get it immediately.

(this has been a message from Richard Simmons' official spokesperson, haha)
mini goal: 168 lbs
final goal: 140lbs
nobe is offline   Reply With Quote