Notices

New Here...Howdy!

Old 04-06-2010, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default New Here...Howdy!

Hey there Y'all!

I'm new here and I'm in Houston. I have about 60-80 pounds to lose but my goal is 60. I do have someone close to me who is a personal trainer so I do have support BUT you can't always go to a man about things. Plus women are so much better at holding other women accountable.

With that being said, anyone want to be my buddy about this?

Kar
Old 04-06-2010, 02:33 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Karrie,

Welcome to Fitday! I love it. I have a little longer road than you...I started at 302 and my long term goal is to get to 150 - 160. I was down to 274 this morning! Welcome again!! have a great day!
Old 04-06-2010, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

Dis...

About 2.5 years ago I was at 315 and was having issues with medication and everything else. It took about 2 years to get it normal and I am down to 283.

They say for my heighth I need to be 121.....hello no! I would look like a barbie doll in the worse way. So, I would like to just get down to about 180ish where my shape won't look so clownish.

Thanks to the women in my family, I have an hour glass shape with J-Lo's booty and Dolly's chest.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:02 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Karrie
I wish i had more of an hour glass figure....I have more or an apple! Round in the middle!! I would love it if once my tummy was smaller than my boobs! So what are you doing different to start loosing weight? What do you do for exercise? If you want - you could email me at [email protected].
Old 04-06-2010, 05:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by karrieanne
Hey there Y'all!

I'm new here and I'm in Houston. I have about 60-80 pounds to lose but my goal is 60. I do have someone close to me who is a personal trainer so I do have support BUT you can't always go to a man about things. Plus women are so much better at holding other women accountable.

With that being said, anyone want to be my buddy about this?

Kar

Hey Neighbor! I don't know what part of town you're in, but I'm up in Magnolia...right around the corner from the Woodlands. I just broke 200 this week (down from an all time high of 248) and my goal weight is 135. It'll be a little while before I'd be able to get together for workouts and whatnot. I'm getting over a stress fracture and will probably need knee surgery after that heals...but I'd love to have a buddy. I sure could use the support...and having someone local would be awesome. I haven't walked the Galleria in years! Best wishes, Naomi

dunno if this will work, but feel free to email me [email protected] or you can message me through my blog link for sure

Last edited by nrh322; 04-06-2010 at 05:22 AM. Reason: added contact info
Old 04-06-2010, 05:16 AM
FitDay Member

Dis...

About 2.5 years ago I was at 315 and was having issues with medication and everything else. It took about 2 years to get it normal and I am down to 283.

They say for my heighth I need to be 121.....hello no! I would look like a barbie doll in the worse way. So, I would like to just get down to about 180ish where my shape won't look so clownish.

Thanks to the women in my family, I have an hour glass shape with J-Lo's booty and Dolly's chest.
LOL Are we related? Dolly's got nothin' on me baby, well except her set of pipes and her fortune. I've always been glad my mother didn't name me Debra. I have an equally well endowed friend who has been called D-bra since maybe 8th grade. My ideal weight is 119.5, really? Just where do you put your cup size into that formula? I would think that should give me at least an extra 12-15 pounds, because even when I weighed 118 pounds they were a generous D. But I've taken that recommendation to heart, literally. I started at 244, weighed in this morning at 186 and am shooting for 120ish, as impossible as that feels some days.

Karrianne welcome aboard!! You're going to love this site. Now I know you are looking to lose 60-80 pounds, but you might want to check out the 100 thread, a lot of us check in regularly and remember who's wearing what dress size. We cheer each other on and pick each other up, no matter what. The next group down is the 50 pounders and I suspect they are just as good.

Last edited by almeeker; 04-06-2010 at 05:23 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:00 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by disujo
Hi Karrie
I wish i had more of an hour glass figure....I have more or an apple! Round in the middle!! I would love it if once my tummy was smaller than my boobs! So what are you doing different to start loosing weight? What do you do for exercise? If you want - you could email me at [email protected].

Well, part of the reason for the weight lose is one) they got my thyroid corrected and two) they put my on byetta because my sugar was low but my body acts as if my sugar levels are really high.

Once they got me on the correct meds, without doing any exercise, I started to lose.

I am going to the gym now but if it didn't take the cake that it closed down for renovations my second week back.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nrh322
Hey Neighbor! I don't know what part of town you're in, but I'm up in Magnolia...right around the corner from the Woodlands. I just broke 200 this week (down from an all time high of 248) and my goal weight is 135. It'll be a little while before I'd be able to get together for workouts and whatnot. I'm getting over a stress fracture and will probably need knee surgery after that heals...but I'd love to have a buddy. I sure could use the support...and having someone local would be awesome. I haven't walked the Galleria in years! Best wishes, Naomi

dunno if this will work, but feel free to email me [email protected] or you can message me through my blog link for sure
OH MY! I am in Katy. I just want to be back down to 200 and see what it looks like on my now. I feel like this is an uphill battle for me because I'm 38 about to be 39.

I am always at the Galleria!

My email address...ya'll....is [email protected]. I may or may not get it during the day because work has blocked it so during work you can get me here.

I am going to need all the help I can get because I am easily distratced.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
LOL Are we related? Dolly's got nothin' on me baby, well except her set of pipes and her fortune. I've always been glad my mother didn't name me Debra. I have an equally well endowed friend who has been called D-bra since maybe 8th grade. My ideal weight is 119.5, really? Just where do you put your cup size into that formula? I would think that should give me at least an extra 12-15 pounds, because even when I weighed 118 pounds they were a generous D. But I've taken that recommendation to heart, literally. I started at 244, weighed in this morning at 186 and am shooting for 120ish, as impossible as that feels some days.

Karrianne welcome aboard!! You're going to love this site. Now I know you are looking to lose 60-80 pounds, but you might want to check out the 100 thread, a lot of us check in regularly and remember who's wearing what dress size. We cheer each other on and pick each other up, no matter what. The next group down is the 50 pounders and I suspect they are just as good.

Where does the gov't get these findings from??? They make it almost impossible for us to want to do this. I just want to get healthier and go from there. Since I am single and there is or is not a man in my life...i have no clue where that one is going...i want to get down to having baby weight. Thinking into the future for sure.

I will check those 2 threads out for sure. Thanks...or as my little cousin would say...much grasses.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:28 AM
FitDay Member

OH MY! I am in Katy. I just want to be back down to 200 and see what it looks like on my now. I feel like this is an uphill battle for me because I'm 38 about to be 39.

I am always at the Galleria!

My email address...ya'll....is [email protected]. I may or may not get it during the day because work has blocked it so during work you can get me here.

I am going to need all the help I can get because I am easily distratced.
I had my 39th birthday less than two weeks ago. I'm hoping to hit my goal weight before the big 4-0!! I saw that you have thyroid issues. I had a total thyroidectomy for papillary thyroid cancer back in '05...have a great endo down in the medical center if you don't already have on you like. I don't make it to Katy that often....that's a heck of a drive from here (we're about 15 minutes from the RenFest grounds), but it would be fun to meet half way every once in a while and go for a good mall walk or something. My husband and I keep a sailboat down in Kemah. It wouldn't seem like it, but you wouldn't believe the workout that is. We're always looking for extra crew! I've added you to my email contacts. Get in touch anytime. Best wishes, N

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.