Originally Posted by Jho82
Tori - I've got red in mine already too! Don't get discouraged:
- take a deep breath and try to focus on the positive. Do whatever you need to do to take some stress off your shoulders
- CRY if you need to. It helps (I know from experience!)
- Meditate - light a candle and focus on the flame and nothing else - clear your mind for a few minutes!
- Play some Enya, lay on the floor, close your eyes and focus on every tense muscle trying to relax each one.
- Splurge on a massage!
- Call someone and vent!
- Yell at Mike
- Write in a journal - Try to make the negatives into positives
I'm just making stuff up now.... what does everybody else do to relieve stress????
To destress I grab a good mystery novel and a glass of wine. My brain does not shut-off with meditation, yoga, or massage, so distraction and diversion are my go-to options. Also drawing/painting are good distractions. If I can get into that right-brain mode reality ceases to exist for a period of time. But not a good idea if DS is around (hence the black marking pen all over my couch incident while I was not paying attention...).
Tori - I hope you feel better soon.
Jho- Thanks for the ideas!