Notices

A bit lost here!

Old 03-23-2012, 04:19 AM
FitDay Member

Talking A bit lost here!

I look in the activity log... and it said that I burn 1,971 calories a day but I did not even wrote nothing in the exercice log.. how did the figure that out?

Anyone could help me to figure how many calorie I really need to lose like 1 to 2 lbs a week here is my mesurements (age is 44, I weight 147, and I am 5.3) I am getting confuse how this work... is there a place where it explain of of this on this site!

Thanks so much for all your answer in advance!
Old 03-23-2012, 04:35 AM
FitDay Member

go into your profile and enter your height, weight and age... then select your lifestyle
(seated, active, etc.) it will calcuate how many calories you burn typically each day based on that basic information.

I would say its not 100% science, but its a decent baseline to start. I've been following it and its pretty accurate for me.

Good luck and have fun!
Old 03-23-2012, 04:40 AM
FitDay Member

your info is actually pretty similar to mine... fitday says i burn 2003 calories
typically based on my lifestyle. It used to be more, but my weight went down, so my calories did too!

I try to eat 1500-1600 calories a day, and when I workout I enter it accordingly, and I have been losing on average a little over a pound per week. some weeks 0, some weeks 2 depending on water weight, etc.

follow your program for a couple weeks, and you will start to see if you need any tweaking. I am insulin dependent diabetic, so my food plans may not work for everyone. So far, though they work for me. GOOD LUCK AND WELCOME!
Old 03-23-2012, 04:49 AM
Super Moderator

Your calorie burn is the total for 24hrs. You burn calories doing nothing, just being alive.

If you feel the number is a little high, try logging your sleep as an activity.

Try to burn 500-1000 calories more than you consume daily and you should drop 1-2 pounds a week. If after a few weeks you find that it's off, try adjusting. You may have to burn more or less.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jonjaxmom
go into your profile and enter your height, weight and age... then select your lifestyle
(seated, active, etc.) it will calcuate how many calories you burn typically each day based on that basic information.

I would say its not 100% science, but its a decent baseline to start. I've been following it and its pretty accurate for me.

Good luck and have fun!
ok i did that sorry it show 1,958 of calorie burn lifestyle seated then I walk for 10 min well at coffee and It show 34 calorie...
Old 03-23-2012, 04:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jonjaxmom
your info is actually pretty similar to mine... fitday says i burn 2003 calories
typically based on my lifestyle. It used to be more, but my weight went down, so my calories did too!

I try to eat 1500-1600 calories a day, and when I workout I enter it accordingly, and I have been losing on average a little over a pound per week. some weeks 0, some weeks 2 depending on water weight, etc.

follow your program for a couple weeks, and you will start to see if you need any tweaking. I am insulin dependent diabetic, so my food plans may not work for everyone. So far, though they work for me. GOOD LUCK AND WELCOME!
Hi! I kind of lost because I got really sick last year and this year..cause by food allergies i stop basically eating and of course I lost lots of weight i was 180 and drop to 140 but now I started teating stuff again and I gain weight something I don't want to happen its was not healthy where I was before.. but I have not clue really how I did that.. well i stop eating bread, pasta and sugar all together because It was making me very sick!
Old 03-23-2012, 05:00 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Your calorie burn is the total for 24hrs. You burn calories doing nothing, just being alive.

If you feel the number is a little high, try logging your sleep as an activity.

Try to burn 500-1000 calories more than you consume daily and you should drop 1-2 pounds a week. If after a few weeks you find that it's off, try adjusting. You may have to burn more or less.
Hi! So when you add activity its added to the 1,958... sorry I am not dum but a bit confuse on this site and since I am french I find a bit harder to explain myself..

I was looking an other site too and they were telling me that in other to lose 1 to 2 lbs a week i needed to eat 1,200 calories and an other was 1,500 so I got all mix up!

Ok so where do I see how many calories I need to eat in a day?
Once I add my food intake for the day then its get added to the exercice log?

Oupps.. I don't want to ask to much its just that I really want to understand this! sorry
Old 03-23-2012, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

so far I had 240 calorie this morning...I can't find where it show how many calories I am allow in a day!

So once I know how many calorie I need in a day do I need to reduce those by 500 calories a day?

Ok so what do i need to pay attention to the calories intake need to be less of that 1, 958 or do I have all of this wrong!
Old 03-23-2012, 05:42 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Frenchmaid1969
Ok so what do i need to pay attention to the calories intake need to be less of that 1, 958 or do I have all of this wrong!
Yup, you've got it! FitDay has calculated that you, on average, burn around 1,958 calories per day. To lose one pound in a week (on average), you'll need to eat 1,358 calories a day or less.

Now, if (and it's a big IF) either that estimate is incorrect OR your calorie count in off (or both) you might lose more or less than one pound. Also, the human body does not always follow the "schedule"--you may have weeks where you lose nothing, or even go up a pound or two temporarily.

But, you've got the right idea. Once you've logged a few weeks of data you can tweak your daily calorie burn number up or down as needed to mimic "reality".

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-23-2012, 07:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Yup, you've got it! FitDay has calculated that you, on average, burn around 1,958 calories per day. To lose one pound in a week (on average), you'll need to eat 1,358 calories a day or less.

Now, if (and it's a big IF) either that estimate is incorrect OR your calorie count in off (or both) you might lose more or less than one pound. Also, the human body does not always follow the "schedule"--you may have weeks where you lose nothing, or even go up a pound or two temporarily.

But, you've got the right idea. Once you've logged a few weeks of data you can tweak your daily calorie burn number up or down as needed to mimic "reality".

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Michael
Michael....when I click (ha I can't remember wich place but it show this..what is this)

the Calories You Burn - Calorie Restriction = Calorie You Can Eat
1,971 - 424 = 1,547 you can eat a day... but the 1,547 is the calorie to stay the same weight I am not or is it in order to loose the 1 or 2 lbs a week?

Sorry If I ask all those question...

How did you end up with 1,358 calories a day or less so the 1,547 is too much?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.