View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
volleyballgranny
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumzeemania View Post
I've always dieted in the past, I never really took it 100% seriously. I was never really overweight till now I'm considered morbidly obese. I've always been able to just lose weight pretty fast when I wanted to cut foods out of my diet. As I've gotten older it's a lot harder, I am actually reading the nutritional information on packages and it scares the hell out of me how much sodium and how many calories I was putting into my body in a day.
I'm on day 5 of losing 100 pounds and keeping my calorie intake under 1400 daily and it's not too bad because I can substitute chips and baked goods with fruits and veggies and I stopped baking all together.
I'm at a point now where I've baked and cooked for my family for 20years, and I took comfort in it. Proud to whip something up that everyone just raved over, but now what do I do?? So I'm at that point in my life right now. Not sure what to do with myself because I've spent the last 20 years in the kitchen cooking or baking.
I do Atkins (because it works, and because it helped keep my blood sugar under control for 30 years). I low-carb family favorites--and my family eats low carb along with me. It's not hard. If I want something baked, I do a single-serving orange cake: 2 TBS flaxmeal, 2 TBS almond flour, 2 tsp coconut oil, 1 packet of truvia, 1 tsp orange extract, 1 egg...mix together. Microwave for about a minute and a half. If I want it to be sweet, I make frosting with butter, cream cheese, and orange extract.

I also make low-carb cheesecake and other dessert items, BUT we do dessert no more than once a week (as a family). I can often get by with making one dessert every 5 or 6 weeks. What we don't eat the first sitting, I portion out into single-serving containers and freeze (except for the cheesecake--not good frozen).
volleyballgranny is offline   Reply With Quote