Notices

New here - looking for a diet buddy...?

Old 05-07-2010, 03:30 AM
FitDay Member

Arrow New here - looking for a diet buddy...?

Hi all, I'm Sarah, I'm 25 and currently trying to go from 172lbs to 140lbs. I'm looking for someone to chat to on a daily basis to trade tips with and who can help keep me on track and for whom I can do the same, as sticking power has always been my failing point with diets so far. Anyone interested?

Sarah x

Last edited by VitoVino; 01-30-2012 at 03:13 AM. Reason: added green arrow icon
Old 05-07-2010, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Sarah,

Welcome! I'm 25 as well and would like a buddy. I'm 5'2", started at 162, down to 141 after 2 months on FitDay, but would still like to get down to 115-120.

Anytime you need a reminder to stick with it, I'll be here to help ya out!

My biggest weakness is all or nothing thinking - so if I mess up once, I feel like I should just give up. I'll need reminders that there are shades of grey in life, and one mistake doesn't mean complete failure and permission to give up!

Good luck and have a great day...

[email protected]
Old 05-07-2010, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up A Big Hello to Sarah and Fletch

Hiya Sarah and Fletch im Tracey, im 25 and a mum of 2 children.
I started on fitday just on monday and i cant tell you how much it has helped get my motivation back. Just 4 days ago i sent a thred asking for help and support cos i was so depressed and upset with myself. When my first reply came through i actually cried with what id say was relieve no.1-there was somebody who took time to post and welcome me and no.2- there were other women in the world that felt the same as i do.
Already i feel ready to achieve my goal and stick to my diet as i too have a problem with giving up but with everybodys support you will find it easier to hang in there!
Im 5ft 3in and I weigh 172lbs and want to get to 150lbs so im here to share tips and offer all my support to you.
Good luck with your journey to success!!!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 07:22 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Hi Fletch, hi Tracey!

Great to hear from you both! Hope you've both had a good day today I'm quite pleased with myself today as I went to the cinema with a friend and sat there drinking water while she ate a huge bag of popcorn (I love popcorn - it's my all-time favourite snack, and I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've ever gone to the cinema without having popcorn!). Here's hoping it'll pay off come weigh-day (Tuesday, since I don't own a weighing scales myself, so plan to use my mums when I go up there - I get the feeling I'd be on the scales every few hours if I owned my own, as I'm not the most patient person in the world!)

Sarah x
Old 05-07-2010, 09:29 AM
FitDay Member

hi sarah well done for having the willpower to not eat the popcorn. Id done good all day but just gave in to a small square of lasagne that wasleft in the fridge but i did throw the rest in the bin so at least thats something. Im hoping it wont affect my weight loss on weigh day-wednesday but ill post if i lose or gain and i be honest!! Thats what this forum is all about being there to help with ups and downs. If theres a slip up then we can support each other to keep going without giving up!
Old 05-07-2010, 09:36 AM
FitDay Member

Oh yeah forgot 2 add its a good idea not to get on scales everyday as weight goes up and down through the week. I used to weigh myself every morning but i got disheartened if a pound went on but sure enough just weighing myself on a wednesday gives me a steady weight loss i can be pleased about without worrying everyday if its going to change from one day to the next. Even if the loss is small it all contributes to end result. We just keep going til get to goal. Hope you have another good day tomorrow that you can be proud of. Im rooting for you!
Old 05-07-2010, 10:54 AM
FitDay Member

Sarah by the looks of it your birthday is 3 days before mine. Im 15th March. Just wanted to share that. Really want to do good over the weekend thats when i seem to mess up what ive done through the week. My kids go to stay at their dads friday til sunday every fortnight and cos we dont go out much im in raiding the cupboards.
Going to try hard though and do all i can to not overdo my allowance. Have a nice weekend
Old 05-08-2010, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Tracey, hope you're having a good weekend so far! That's funny about our birthdays, isn't it? Noticed your post on the other thread about tv snacking - I'm terrible for that too, I've found it tends to be because I'm not keeping my hands busy mainly, so I try to have something small handy to fiddle with when I'm watching the telly, although since Tuesday when I started my diet I've not really watched a lot of telly - better to avoid temptation altogether! At least on my computer my hands are kept busy. Another handy idea is to keep the hot drinks coming, a nice cuppa tea keeps your hands of the snacks, and gives you something to do during the adverts (make your next cuppa! lol).

Sarah x
Old 05-08-2010, 03:16 AM
FitDay Member

hi yeah my weekend is going well im upstairs with the laptop instead of watching tv,nothing on anyway-never is lol! I also think best not to watch it if i know thats when temptation strikes but yeah making the hot tea at break will help. Doing good with my diet today after the extra cals last night so im just forgetting about the slip. Once i learn how to break my bad habits again i hopefully be strong to watch tv again lol. Hows your diet going?? Good i hope x
Old 05-08-2010, 06:18 AM
FitDay Member

Glad to here you're having a good day with it - I am too, I've taken to keeping a big bottle of water next to me for whenever my stomach gets grumbly between meals, and tomorrow's looking to be a good day too, since I'll be out pretty much all day, so seriously limited snack temptations there all in all it's looking to be a good first weekend for my diet!

Sarah x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.