Notices

Stuff my Boyfriend Says

Old 03-20-2012, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

Default Stuff my Boyfriend Says

I saw a thread on here called "Something my mother said" and it sparked conversation about "Stuff my Mother says." While my mother has said some pretty whacked things to me about weight loss, my boyfriend is even more clueless. I'd like to know what your boyfriends, fiances, spouses, or life partners have said to you.

I'll start us off:
"Your face feels smaller in my hands."
"Maybe soon we can do it standing up."
And my favorite (This one is more cute than clueless, but I had to include it
"There will never be less of you to love; your personality has always been bigger than your ass."
Old 03-20-2012, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

lol mine always tells ask me why are you dieting I'll love you even when you get fat Thanks honey
Old 03-20-2012, 03:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Freshman30
I saw a thread on here called "Something my mother said" and it sparked conversation about "Stuff my Mother says." While my mother has said some pretty whacked things to me about weight loss, my boyfriend is even more clueless. I'd like to know what your boyfriends, fiances, spouses, or life partners have said to you.

I'll start us off:
"There will never be less of you to love; your personality has always been bigger than your ass."
I've gotten the standing-up one too! Almost the exact same comment!

My BF is pretty dang supportive, I'm lucky, but here's some gems:

"I think you could hit 105, don't sell yourself short" (I have no idea why he thinks 105 lbs. is the magic number, but that's too small for me at my height, it puts me underweight on the BMI!)

"I wish that you only lost weight on your belly and legs and not everywhere."

Within the same day: "Are you sure you want to eat that?" (when I was reaching for some chocolate) and then like an hour later "It seems like you can't eat anything, you should lighten up and live a little" (?!?!?!?!)
Old 03-20-2012, 05:00 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Freshman30

I'll start us off:
OMG, I almost peed myself reading this. Dang water.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:17 AM
FitDay Member

I think we've all gotten the 'standing up' one! LOL

My hubby said once... "When you lose all your belly, your boobs will be to your knees."
Old 03-21-2012, 10:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz

My hubby said once... "When you lose all your belly, your boobs will be to your knees."
I've heard that one from friends. hahaha

These are all pretty great. :P
Old 03-21-2012, 01:25 PM
FitDay Member

my fiance has said seom things to me

but the most he said is that he notices i've been losing weight and that i'm almost back to the point when we first started dating.

which is encouraging
Old 03-22-2012, 04:14 AM
FitDay Member

I wanted to buy more shoes the other day and the comment I got was "Why do you need more shoes? Are you feet losing weight too?" LOL
Old 03-22-2012, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

My BF said (15 years after we met): "No matter your size, my heart starts beating faster when you walk into the room." This was the on-again/off-again BF.

An interim BF said (when I told him I'd lost an inch in my bust): "Go off that diet. NOW!"
Old 03-23-2012, 12:32 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Hehe, yep!

My fiancé also tells me he'd think I'm beautiful even if I get really big which is sweet and lets me know he loves me, but it doesn't really help with motivation lol although I don't think I'd ever want him to tell me he'd stop loving me if I reached a certain weight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.