Thread: HCG Diet
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 09:08 PM   #51 (permalink)
01gt4.6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonkajen View Post
I'm not sure why no one else mentioned that selling HCG for weight loss is illegal.
Where does it say this? I didn't read the entire article but what I saw was "FDA and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) have issued seven letters to companies warning them that they are selling illegal homeopathic HCG weight-loss drugs that have not been approved by FDA, and that make unsupported claims."

That's like saying that 7 car dealerships were selling illegal (stolen) Chevys so it's illegal to buy a Chevy from ANY dealership.

ON EDIT. I just skimmed through it b/c I'm at work and busy and did see this.
HCG is approved by FDA as a prescription drug for the treatment of female infertility, and other medical conditions. It is not approved for weight loss. In fact, the prescription drug label notes there “is no substantial evidence that it increases weight loss beyond that resulting from caloric restriction, that it causes a more attractive or ‘normal’ distribution of fat, or that it decreases the hunger and discomfort associated with calorie-restricted diets.”

Okay, HCG is approved by the FDA, just not for weight loss. The fact is that people that take HCG and follow the 500 cal/ day diet plan lose weight quickly. They aren't that hungry when they are on HCG. Sure anyone one a 500 cal/day diet will lose weight, but can they stick it out for 2 weeks (or what how ever long) while feeling like they are starving. Just because it's not approved for weight loss, doesn't mean it won't work. Adderall is approved by the FDA, but it's not approved for weigh loss, although it will kill your appetite. Many parents have to take their kids off of various ADHD medicines because of weight loss.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-21-2012 at 09:32 PM.
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote