Notices

Broke a plateau this a.m.!!

Old 04-03-2010, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Broke a plateau this a.m.!!

Hey everyone!! I'm nowhere near my ultimate goal, but I just had to share...I finally broke through the 200s. The scale said 198.2 this morning. I guess all the hobbling around on crutches is burning more calories than I thought (not to mention making it a LOT harder to get into the kitchen to grab extra snacks!). What a great start to my Saturday morning. Oh happy day! Best wishes to all, Naomi
Old 04-03-2010, 04:11 AM
Super Moderator

congrats Naomi! How long before your knee is back to normal?
Old 04-03-2010, 04:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
congrats Naomi! How long before your knee is back to normal?
Thanks! Dunno...The orthopedic surgeon I went to see on Monday (3/29) said to stay off of it for 4 weeks to let the stress fracture start to heal and then come back to see him. The first surgeon was going to do surgery on the meniscus tear right away. I'm hoping not to need surgery...so I think the plan is to let the fracture heal and go from there.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:40 AM
Super Moderator

That's awesome, Naomi! Huge mental lift, I'm sure . Keep up the good work!
Old 04-03-2010, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

That's awesome. I can't wait to get there myself.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by EMS1981
That's awesome. I can't wait to get there myself.

If I can do this, anybody can. Just take it one step at a time!
Old 04-05-2010, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default Plateau

How long were you on this plateau ? I have lost 10 lbs while on this diet. The 10 came off quickly (within 1 month). Want to lose another 5 to hit goal. Stuck at the same weight 3 weeks (ugh)

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Old 04-05-2010, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Casey, I know your question was directed to the OP, but I wanted to comment because I was in the same situation. Wanted to lose 15, lost about 9, then plateaued. I hung there for three weeks, then started to lose again. Changing up your exercise routine or calorie cycling might help, as your body gets used to a routine and becomes more efficient. Hang in there; it will happen!
Old 04-05-2010, 02:45 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by CaseyBoxer
How long were you on this plateau ? I have lost 10 lbs while on this diet. The 10 came off quickly (within 1 month). Want to lose another 5 to hit goal. Stuck at the same weight 3 weeks (ugh)

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
I gained and lost and gained and lost the same ten pounds or so I can't count how many times over the past THREE YEARS!! I'm not sure if you can call that a plateau or just plain stagnation or what. I choose to call it a plateau because it makes me feel better about all the time I spent being just plain lazy. How'd I break through? Well, I had a couple epiphanies in life. 1) A dear friend had a stroke. She was very heavy prior to it...high blood pressure...edging towards diabetes...the whole kit and kaboodle. I didn't want to go through the same thing. 2) I got some lousy bloodwork back. I had never had high cholesterol or triglycerides or anything before. All of a sudden, I had both...along with a high C-reactive protein. It's bad enough to be fat on the outside, but being fat on the inside is scary!! 3) I asked my doctor why I wasn't losing weight (as a thyroid cancer survivor I was looking for an excuse/reason related to that) and he gave me a cold hard slap in the face of reality and told me it was because I ate too much and didn't get enough exercise.

I took those three reasons and decided to DO SOMETHING! I signed myself up for fat camp...went for just a little bit...lost some weight...got really excited...blew out my knee...got really bummed out...then dug down deep and realized that even though there are a lot of things I can't do right now, there are even more things I can do. I can't get on a treadmill, but I can choose to have grilled chicken and salad and balsamic dressing instead of a fried chicken and mashed potatoes for lunch. I can't go to a kickboxing class, but I can sit in my chair and do curls with dumbbells while I'm watching tv. I'm making little choices...little changes and they seem to be making a big difference on the scale!

Best wishes, Naomi
Old 04-05-2010, 02:48 PM
FitDay Member

BTW...I'm 39...5'6"...and my goal weight is 135.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.