Notices

looking for friends for support

Old 02-28-2012, 10:30 AM
FitDay Member

Smile looking for friends for support

I would like to start a support group and make friends at the same time. Hi every one my name is jessica and I am a mother of 3. 2boys and 1girl. I am 24 years old and the father of my children wants me to get healthy but at the time is not very supportive. I would like to get to know others, so please reply

Last edited by tazigirl; 02-28-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:14 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Tazigirl - this is the first msg I am responding to on this site.... its a little overwhelming when I'm so used to facebook! I just turned 30 and I am so sick of my own excuses and pity that I need to make a change!!! And I need some help too! I can't do this on my own. Let me know if you are still looking for a support group!
Old 03-07-2012, 06:56 PM
FitDay Member

Hello, I am new here on Fitday Discussion Boards, I am looking for a support buddy as well Been trying to lose weight most of my life it seems. I just started on Monday again and trying to stick with it. Would like to lose at least 40 pounds.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:46 PM
FitDay Member

Hello Jessica! I'm 24 as well, and I'd be glad to join your group. I think support is a very important part of the weightloss process and I don't get much of that at home, like you. Anyway, feel free to contact me for anything you want!
Old 03-16-2012, 10:46 AM
FitDay Member

I would like support too. I was a martial artist, I would like to get back into it. Just recently started exercising and back to school. Im 48. 40 lbs overweight and depressed about it.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:31 PM
FitDay Member

Hello Jessica,

If you are still wanting to have a support group and looking for support buddies I would love to join you! You can private message me on this site. I'm new to this forum myself as I just joined on March 18th. I am 43 years old and I need to loose close to 30 pounds for my height. I have lost quite a bit of weight before after a major brain surgery but I gained some of that weight back and I need to loose it again. I would welcome a support buddy to help out and I could help support them as well!
Old 04-05-2012, 07:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default I'll join this group!

I have been up and down w/my weight but I'm thinking about my health and need to get to a good weight... then a co-worker asked if I was preggers yesterday. Thats it! So I logged my food intake and I've eaten too much already today. I sit all day @ wk and have 3 kids when I get home, but I try to do my eliptical for 30 min. 4 day's a week. Right now I know I need to loose 40 lbs, but I am going for a goal of 10. I need some incentive to know there is a prize. Got any ideas? I'm not a spa girl -like I want a vacation if I get to my goal. oh, and I'm trying to stop drinking so that is making me eat more and I just fell on the ice in the parking lot and hurt my knee pretty bad. I have ice on it -but dang it. I don't need road blocks.

Maybe we can log in every morning (m-f) or every evening and say how we did for the day? Should we start a new thread for that?

beckyjoeh
Old 04-08-2012, 05:39 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Tammyjane,

I joined today so I'm still trying to get my head around this. I'm 54 and want to loose 41.8lbs (19kg). I work fulltime and live in Darwin, Australia. I would very like to swap progress reports with you.

Annmarie
Old 04-11-2012, 08:28 AM
FitDay Member

Hiya Jessica and other members on this thread-
Im back on fitday again and ready to banish the rest of this weight. It feels like it is taking over my life being so unhappy day in/day out with my body. It is emotionally draining and unfair on my kids and boyfriend who are suffering the most. If the invitation is still there to join the group then id love to be part of it. Just let me know if there is a specific thread i can find you all.
Tracey x
Old 04-14-2012, 05:29 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tazigirl
I would like to start a support group and make friends at the same time. Hi every one my name is jessica and I am a mother of 3. 2boys and 1girl. I am 24 years old and the father of my children wants me to get healthy but at the time is not very supportive. I would like to get to know others, so please reply
He wants you to get healthy but isn't supportive? What does that mean?

I think if you do it, you should do it for yourself and not because someone else wants you to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.