Notices

Hi from the new kid!

Old 03-15-2012, 09:31 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi from the new kid!

I just started today because i had to try on dresses for a wedding and all I can say is, yuck. I've been in pretty good shape most of my life, even bounced back from 2 pregnancies. But after turning 40, not paying attention to all the junk food, and starting and then quitting smoking, I somehow managed to put on 40 lbs in 3 years. if I could lose 30 lbs I would be thrilled. I want my clothes to look good on me again! I want to get my energy back! I don't want to be embarrassed when I bump into old friends, or when I see pictures of myself. So here goes, day 1 went well, if I can get through the night when I get MAJOR snack attacks, I will be thrilled. Well, I feel a little better after "venting", now the battle to stay on track has begun...
Old 03-15-2012, 02:08 PM
FitDay Member

Smile You found a wonderful site in FitDay.

laur924, I know the struggle with gained weight. I've found lots of support around here. Please jump right in on other threads - the best way for us to continue to support you. I personally love the 7-Day Motivational Thread which starts anew weekly. It's stickied to the top of the Woman's Forum. Hop on over.

I encourage you to check out the link on the bottom of my signature. It's a wonderful treasure of great reading. I still refer to it.

Here's to a healthier you!
Old 03-16-2012, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you! I will def check it out. Every bit of help is needed. now i wish i had gotten a better cell phone because work is going to be very challenging. I work in a restaraunt where they always have extra desserts for us, etc. I'm going to bring some healthy snacks with me and hopefully i can resist all the wonderful=unhealthy food. I'm still trying to find my way around this site, so thanks again for your help!
Old 03-17-2012, 07:43 AM
FitDay Member

You're welcome!

You definitely have what I call caution zones. Planning ahead is so key, just like you're doing. Keep at it!