Notices

4 Weeks- 13lbs gone and still going strong!

Old 03-15-2012, 02:50 AM
FitDay Member

Default 4 Weeks- 13lbs gone and still going strong!

Hello everyone! I posted this in another discussion but when I saw this success stories: I thought it was the best place to put it!

After struggling with my weight for the past 3 years, I finally reached my max weight of 262 lbs on Feb 13, 2012. I knew that I had to do something so I started following fitday again and this time, I stuck with it. I calculated everything I ate- and planned ahead. The first week I stuck to my Curves workout 3x a week (30 min a piece), I took the stairs at work instead of the elevator and I got up from my desk every hour to walk around the office. At the end of the first week I lost 5.2 lbs. Then the second week I was down another 2.6 and then another 2 and this last week I was down another 3. I'm now at 249 lbs. I know a lot of people that have tried dieting and exercising and still haven't lost any weight so I'm hoping that my story will affect them and help them reach their goals! One of my daily routines is this:

Breakfast- Special K Chocolate protein shake
morning snack- 1 cup Cateloupe and 1 laughing cow swiss cream cheese wedge
Lunch- A variety of Lean cuisine or healthy choice lunches (I love the artisan cheese pizza from Lean cuisine or the meatloaf, potatoes and corn from healthy choice)
afternoon snack- 12 almonds or 1 tbsp of natural jiffy peanut butter on a plain rice cake
Dinner- A mix-up between about 10 meals
Dessert- Skinny cow ice cream sandwhich or smart ones sunday

Dinners =
1. grilled or baked chicken breast, boneless and skinless with 2 tbsp Hunts original BBq sauce baked in, green beans, corn on the cob
2. 93% lean ground beef rolled into meatballs (I have 3), baked potatoe with non-fat chedder cheese, 1 tbsp sour cream, 1 tsp real low-sodium bacon bits, grilled aspargus
3. Chicken breast cut into halves, dipped in milk/egg and then dipped into 1/4 cup light and fluffy pancake mix and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (homemade chicken strips) and then bake, sweet potatoe fries, and broccali

Those are just a few that I have eaten but I usually stick to the same foods and just mix and match them.

If I have school that night (full time student and work full time) I swing by Panera bread for 1/2 Chicken ceaser sandwhich on 3 cheese and 1/2 greek salad with balsamic vingerette. Or I grab a grilled chicken salad from McD or a 1 grilled chicken breast, green beans and baked beans from KCF. Or lunch/dinner after Curves I'll grab a Subway 6 inch on 9-grain honey wheat, Subway melt with veggies and a parfait.

My daily calories on fitday are anywhere from 1300-1650 and my balance graph is usually between 45-60% carbs, 20-35% fat, 20-35% protein.

I usually only workout those 3 nights at Curves but on the nights that I don't work out, I take my dogs for a walk around the block and try to go an extra block each time. I have a back injury so I can only do so much.

I have lost at least 2 lbs a week (healthy weight loss) and have found new things that I love to eat!!! So far, I'm down 13 lbs and hoping that this week I'll have another 3 gone. My short term goal is to be down to 215 by the time I go home to SC in July and then my long term goal is to be down to 160 by December.

These choices are easy to make, and you can stick with them. Good luck!

Start weight- 262.6 lbs on Feb 13, 2012
Current weight- 249.0 lbs March 11, 2012.
Goal weight- 215. 0 lbs by July 19, 2012/ 160.0 lbs by December 21, 2012.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Old 03-15-2012, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats on all your hard work paying off for you! Keep up the momentum!!
Old 03-15-2012, 06:11 AM
Banned

Great Job, seems like u found something that really works for you
Old 03-17-2012, 09:42 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Keep up with it. You're a motivation!!!

Originally Posted by airbabygurl
Hello everyone! I posted this in another discussion but when I saw this success stories: I thought it was the best place to put it!

After struggling with my weight for the past 3 years, I finally reached my max weight of 262 lbs on Feb 13, 2012. I knew that I had to do something so I started following fitday again and this time, I stuck with it. I calculated everything I ate- and planned ahead. The first week I stuck to my Curves workout 3x a week (30 min a piece), I took the stairs at work instead of the elevator and I got up from my desk every hour to walk around the office. At the end of the first week I lost 5.2 lbs. Then the second week I was down another 2.6 and then another 2 and this last week I was down another 3. I'm now at 249 lbs. I know a lot of people that have tried dieting and exercising and still haven't lost any weight so I'm hoping that my story will affect them and help them reach their goals! One of my daily routines is this:

Breakfast- Special K Chocolate protein shake
morning snack- 1 cup Cateloupe and 1 laughing cow swiss cream cheese wedge
Lunch- A variety of Lean cuisine or healthy choice lunches (I love the artisan cheese pizza from Lean cuisine or the meatloaf, potatoes and corn from healthy choice)
afternoon snack- 12 almonds or 1 tbsp of natural jiffy peanut butter on a plain rice cake
Dinner- A mix-up between about 10 meals
Dessert- Skinny cow ice cream sandwhich or smart ones sunday

Dinners =
1. grilled or baked chicken breast, boneless and skinless with 2 tbsp Hunts original BBq sauce baked in, green beans, corn on the cob
2. 93% lean ground beef rolled into meatballs (I have 3), baked potatoe with non-fat chedder cheese, 1 tbsp sour cream, 1 tsp real low-sodium bacon bits, grilled aspargus
3. Chicken breast cut into halves, dipped in milk/egg and then dipped into 1/4 cup light and fluffy pancake mix and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (homemade chicken strips) and then bake, sweet potatoe fries, and broccali

Those are just a few that I have eaten but I usually stick to the same foods and just mix and match them.

If I have school that night (full time student and work full time) I swing by Panera bread for 1/2 Chicken ceaser sandwhich on 3 cheese and 1/2 greek salad with balsamic vingerette. Or I grab a grilled chicken salad from McD or a 1 grilled chicken breast, green beans and baked beans from KCF. Or lunch/dinner after Curves I'll grab a Subway 6 inch on 9-grain honey wheat, Subway melt with veggies and a parfait.

My daily calories on fitday are anywhere from 1300-1650 and my balance graph is usually between 45-60% carbs, 20-35% fat, 20-35% protein.

I usually only workout those 3 nights at Curves but on the nights that I don't work out, I take my dogs for a walk around the block and try to go an extra block each time. I have a back injury so I can only do so much.

I have lost at least 2 lbs a week (healthy weight loss) and have found new things that I love to eat!!! So far, I'm down 13 lbs and hoping that this week I'll have another 3 gone. My short term goal is to be down to 215 by the time I go home to SC in July and then my long term goal is to be down to 160 by December.

These choices are easy to make, and you can stick with them. Good luck!

Start weight- 262.6 lbs on Feb 13, 2012
Current weight- 249.0 lbs March 11, 2012.
Goal weight- 215. 0 lbs by July 19, 2012/ 160.0 lbs by December 21, 2012.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Old 03-26-2012, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default ***Update

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your motivational comments!!!! I really appreciated them So for an update-

It's been 6 weeks now, I cheated (small cheat) a few times last week because I was sick. HOWEVER, I still managed to eat less than I burned and my total now is 18 lbs!!!

Start weight: Feb 13, 2012- 263Current weight: Mar 26, 2012- 245
My clothes fit better, I actually went shopping and bought the next size down in pants!

Every ounce that comes off I invision myself as I looked before...at 150lbs!

I hope everyone is having as good of luck as I am I have struggled so long with this that it feels great to finally see it drop off!

My goal is to see 200-215 by July and then 150-165 by December.

Before (150) and current (heaviest- 263) pics:
Before-150.jpg

heaviest 262.jpg

Last edited by airbabygurl; 03-26-2012 at 06:37 AM. Reason: add attachments
Old 03-26-2012, 06:30 AM
Banned

You go girl!! Im pround of you!!
Old 04-05-2012, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default Update to previous success!

Hey everyone, thanks so much for the support and kind words! I really appreciate it and just being able to write it out like this and see it on paper (well computer) makes a lot of difference!

Today I was measured and weighed and I'm down to 243!! That's 20 lbs in 2 months! (A little under 2 months, from Feb 13 to April 4) I feel and look better than I have in a long time. I've been sticking with my plan and checking into fitday everyday.

Start weight- Feb 13- 263 lbs
Current weight- April 4- 243 lbs

Mini-Goal weight- July 18- 215 lbs
Long-goal weight- Dec 18- 170
Old 04-05-2012, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

congrats!! Can I ask how tall you are?
Old 04-09-2012, 07:57 AM
FitDay Member

Default Reply- Wildbeanerz

Wildbeanerz- I'm 5'6 I carry most of my weight in my hips and butt. My measurements were close to: 48' bust 39' waist and 55' hips (although my arms and legs are overly exaggerated as well!) I'm supposed to weigh in today so I'm hoping to be down closer to 240 and then by next week, I'll be in the 230s!
Old 04-23-2012, 06:16 AM
FitDay Member

Default Update April 23- 10 weeks 23.8 lbs

I had a rough past 2 weeks! Between work and school it's amazing that I didn't gain any weight back! I did slow down on my progress, so today, I weighed in at 238.0 which is only 5 lbs smaller than my last weigh in on April 4. I weigh in again next Wednesday and I was hoping to be down close to 235 but it looks like I'll be closer to 236-237. We'll see! I hope everyone is doing great and wish you all the best of luck! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can get a really good number this week! Either way, I'm down 23.8 lbs since Feb 13!!! That's 10 weeks and 23.8 lbs!!!!

Current weight- 238.2
Mini-Goal weight- 215 (July 2012)
Long-goal weight- 150 (Dec 2012)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.