Notices

Introduction and Stressed by a Plateau

Old 04-05-2010, 07:52 AM
FitDay Member

Question Introduction and Stressed by a Plateau

OK, well Im very new to this site! Thought I would give it a try! Anyways I have finally decided that this is the year I will do good for me. I have decided that 2010 will be the year of weight loss and possibly love? haha that is actually the last thing on my mind right now!

Well anyways, im 26, female and single and weighed 271lbs January 1st 2010! YUCK right, ya I thought so too! so I got a gym membership and got rid of all temptations in my home. January and February I was very much on track, and never swayed once! (ok Once when we won gold in mens hockey had a few beers!)

So By Feb 28, 2010 I was at an amazing weight of 242.5lbs!!! YAY right almost 30lbs! started picking here and there on some bad foods...and well
it is now April 5, 2010 and my current weight is 238lbs! woo hoo 33lbs in 3 months!

But I have not seen much movement on the scale in the last month just 4lbs. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to rev up my system again? I have a wedding in August and would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be under the duece!!!! Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Mel
Old 04-05-2010, 08:29 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Mel
First off Congrats on the progress!!! You have lost 12% of your body weight!!
This next part is the tough part becuase your body will get "wise" to the program and try to hold on to the weight. So now it becomes a game of trick your metabolism.
You need to mix it up sister!!! If you walk on the treadmill everyday get on the bike if you lift free wieghts start using the machines. Eat Breakfast for dinner and dinner for breakfast. anything you can do to confuse your metabolism so it doesn't get set in a burn/store pattern will break the plateau.
There are a million other things you can do that require alot more thought but this is the easiest one to start with and the most fun.
Good Luck and have fun and keep us posted - we are all in this together!!
Heather
Old 04-05-2010, 09:25 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations on your weight loss, it sounds like you're well on your way to a much thinner you. Awesome!!!

Well, I'm older than you but trying to do the same thing. I started at 244 and want to end up at 120. I know 120 sounds really low, but I'm a shorty, only 5'-2" (when I round up), so 120 is smack dab in the middle of "ideal" for me. Anyhoo, I try and limit my caloric intake every day, and I chart my activities and work very hard to keep my intake 900-1000 calories less than my burn. I put in a 1 hour work out almost every day, it's usually cardio, but once or twice a week I lift weights at the gym. The other thing I've discovered about myself is that I lose more weight on the same calories if I keep my carbs under 50% and my protein around 30-35% and fat at 20% (or less) of my calorie intake. I believe one of the reasons that I'd gotten so heavy is because I naturally gravitate toward a carb heavy diet. So far so good, I've lost 57 pounds and have been dropping pretty steadily.