View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #58 (permalink)
almeeker
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitoVino View Post
Yes I did. And the accounts are sad but funny in a way as well.

The good thing is, you can see the BS for what it is, you think for yourself, and you're a strong enough person to make positive changes. The mindless sheeple will never change, unfortunately.
Two of those conversations were with the same person. I had another with her that went like this:

Woman: I really want to lose weight.
Me: I don't believe you for a second.
Woman: (Mouth hanging open like I had slapped her) HOW CAN YOU SAY, "YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME"?
Me: Because you're seriously one of the most stubborn women I've ever known, and that's saying something given my own family. If you wanted to lose the weight you just would, because when you decide to play the stubborn card, there's nobody getting in your way. Truthfully, I think you actually enjoy the roll of "fat chick". It's a big part of your identity. Plus you love to complain, and being obese gives you a ton of material, at the very least you're extremely comfortable in the roll of "fat chick". And if I've offended you, then fine, go ahead and prove me wrong.

That conversation was maybe 2 years ago? She's supposedly been dieting on and off since, but I would guess she's heavier now then she was that day. Hopefully one of these days she'll take my comments to heart. I worry about her a lot. For the record she's not so much a "sheeple", as she is the squeaky wheel...
Goal weight: 120 lbs
Weight to go: 44 lbs
Goal Date: 1/1/13
almeeker is offline   Reply With Quote