Notices

adding multi vitamin to foods eaten

Old 03-12-2012, 12:51 PM
FitDay Member

Default adding multi vitamin to foods eaten

hey guys,

I take a Centrum multi vitamin and a vitamin C tablet each day that i'd like to add to the foods i eat tab. When i look at the overview graph of Nutrition I'm appearing low on some items when I'm not.

however, i don't see such a thing as a multi vitamin in the list of available options.

am i doing something wrong?

Cheers
A
Old 03-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Most of us create a custom food by entering the info from the vitamin label into FitDay, then just click to add it every day. You only need to enter the data once and then you're good to go.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:08 PM
FitDay Member

awesome, thank you
Old 05-15-2012, 04:56 PM
FitDay Member

Nice post but i thing you need to get multi vitamins from natural way. Fruits, vegetables, nuts, dry fruits these are rich in terms of all the essential vitamins and minerals. Vitamins are the key to maintain body healthy and minerals are help to keep organs in better potions.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:10 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by alanshort
hey guys,

I take a Centrum multi vitamin and a vitamin C tablet each day that i'd like to add to the foods i eat tab. When i look at the overview graph of Nutrition I'm appearing low on some items when I'm not.

however, i don't see such a thing as a multi vitamin in the list of available options.

am i doing something wrong?

Cheers
A
For me i'm taking fruits which is reach in vitamin c. By the way, avoid food products or supplements that are GMO'ed. GMO food are really bad for the health. I read an article about this comapny Monsanto company they were the worst company in 2011, so gross, it's because of their GMO works.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 11-08-2013 at 04:45 PM. Reason: link removed
Old 05-30-2012, 04:38 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I find it really hard to get the full suite of vitamins and minerals from my diet. I exercise a lot, but have a relatively sedentary job. My eatting habits are generally quite good, but I still find it quite difficult to make the RDA minimums on a 1600 to 1800 calories. And even more difficult when I am restricting calories to drop a few pounds.

I tend to think of a well rounded multivitamin as more of an insurance plan to make sure my body is getting all it needs to be in peak performance.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
I find it really hard to get the full suite of vitamins and minerals from my diet. I exercise a lot, but have a relatively sedentary job. My eatting habits are generally quite good, but I still find it quite difficult to make the RDA minimums on a 1600 to 1800 calories. And even more difficult when I am restricting calories to drop a few pounds.

I tend to think of a well rounded multivitamin as more of an insurance plan to make sure my body is getting all it needs to be in peak performance.
I also, despite a good diet, appear short on one or two on a consistent basis. However, vitamins are not just an insurance policy, as excessive vitamin supplementation has been associated with increased sickness as well. "Overdosing" on something like vitamin C is difficult, but it's quite easy to overconsume vitamin e via pills.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:56 AM
FitDay Member

Wouldn’t it make more sense for the more popular vitamins to be listed as standard items that can be added to the “Foods” section? Why have 4,000 people all create a custom food for “Centrum multi-vitamin?”
Old 01-01-2013, 10:48 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Great observation. Fitday could be better in so many ways. The database could be much stronger and They still haven't given us an Android app. There's much to like, but I don't see my $50 annual cost as giving much value.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:31 AM
FitDay Member

I added my multi when I first started. But then resolved to just eat real food, the nutrients are more bio available. I just watched my graphs and searched google for food highest in what I was lacking, and ate those.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.