View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #54 (permalink)
VitoVino
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by almeeker View Post
Here are a pile of dumb things people have said to me:

Woman: Oh I don't have time to work out like you do, I have to go to work.
ME: Really? What are you doing at 5:00am?
Woman: Sleeping.
ME: Well that's when I work out, so actually you do have time, you just choose to sleep through it. Right?

Woman: I'm going to get that bariatric surgery.
ME: You know you might want to try the post surgery diet for a year before you make that decision and see if it's something you can stick to for the rest of your life.
Woman: OMG!!! No! Have you seen that diet? It's awful.
ME: Really? Well good luck with that.

Bank Lady: I went to that website you told me about and I don't see the diet.
ME: Um, fitday isn't a diet it's just a tool to track your calories.
Bank Lady: Well what am I supposed to eat?
ME: Whatever you want or need to make your nutritional goals, just start tracking and you'll get it figured out.
Bank Lady: I don't have time for that, I really just need a menu that I can follow.
ME: Well okay, good luck with that.

Friend: What's that website you use?
ME: fitday.com
Friend: How do you spell that?
ME: Just like it sounds f-i-t-d-a-y.com
Friend: (Not writing it down just looking blankly at me) Well I don't know if I can do that one, so-and-so said such-&-such was better.
ME: There are a bunch of calorie counting programs out there, the important thing is to find one that works for you and to use it.
Friend: I don't know if I can do that calorie counting business, I don't have time for it or working out either.
ME: Well it does take time, especially at first, but once you get the hang of logging it gets easier. Just take it in baby steps.
Friend: I don't have time for baby steps, I need to lose at least 40lbs by the wedding.
ME: Well okay then, good luck with that.

Woman: I can't eat right because_____, I can't exercise because______, I can't track my calories because______. Repeat, repeat, repeat...
ME: Have you ever stopped to listen to yourself? You're one long list of excuses, and every last one of them is hurting you.
Woman: She then gave me a blank startled look like I had slapped her and stomped off and won't talk to me anymore.
ME: Well okay then, good luck with that.

Think of food as fuel for the body instead of feeding emotions
VitoVino is offline   Reply With Quote