Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12 >

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Notices

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Old 03-12-2012, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Well good morning my lovelies. I'm back from my little bit of R&R, and of course that means I'm up a few pounds (how Mike can live in Louisiana and not be a great big fat guy is anybody's guess). I thought grocery shopping here in the North was full of landmines, but um, seriously you Southerners have it worse, much worse. One whole aisle (from the cash registers to the far back wall) of the Winn Dixie was like a freshman college course in how to deep fry everything and your mamma. OMG! Now here in Michigan you can easily find a can of creole seasoning, you can even buy spiced dredge and Shakin' Bake, but I've never been in any store that had an entire aisle dedicated to "deep fry" quite like that. Not only did it fill an aisle, it spilled into the area between the aisle end caps and the perimeter meat coolers and was featured adjacent to every sort of raw meat and seafood as well. Even worse, the "fry" aisle was nestled between "beer" on one side and "munchies" on the other. Until last week, I did not know that pork rinds come in different flavors and that more than one company makes them, here in MI we only get "original" and that's if you can find them. Wow, I think I gained a couple of pounds via proximity. Thankfully I didn't have access to a kitchen, alas no "fry" experimenting opportunities for me. But now my DH is jonesing for southern cooking, blessedly he also has to watch his weight and has more will power than yours truly.

Health Goals:

1. Calories 1,400-1,500 or lower.
2. Water 100 oz daily.
3. Workout 5 hours total.
4. Protein 25% or better.
5. Calorie deficit 3,500 or more.
6. Log everything and post daily.
7. Do not be a weekend slacker.

Other Stuff:

1. Call and get booth cookie sales arranged and make sign-up sheet.
2. Type up new G.S. calendar and note about parade.
3. Call 4-H office about mandatory meetings.
4. Call guy about the elliptical.
5. Call dad about wagon for Friday.
6. Call Dr. about appointment.
7. Housework 45 min daily + 1 load of laundry.

Lenten Goals:

No white flour
No white sugar
No skipping workouts, and no more than 2 consecutive days off.
No cheating
No profanity

Last edited by almeeker; 03-12-2012 at 03:29 AM.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:03 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in. I'll post goals when I get home from work. I need to really stick with them this week, I don't want another boot to the ass.

Amy-dont you know that in the South we'll fry anything? My goodness, one of my very favorite things in the world is a deep fried pickle. Ooohhh or the deep fried Oreo.

I'll post more later....I was over an hour late for work this morning so I really ought to be more productive.

On a positive note, I lost 1.8 last week. So woohoo!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

Yay Tori!!!! I would yell at you but how can I yell at someone I'm happy for??!! OK its day one.... I'm already off to a bad start by not eating breakfast - my kids are my priority - but I did get my hot lemon water in me! First thing to pass thru my lips every morning is hot lemon water - so good!!

I only have a couple of goals for my first week

1. MORE water - even though its boring...
2. Start with one small workout everyday.
3. Take my multivitamins!!!

I CAN DO THIS (<- yelling at myself )
Old 03-12-2012, 02:45 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in too. I'll post goals tonight, I'm supposed to be getting ready for work right now. Huge wind storm today, so I don't think we'll have many customers, and the extent of my exercise will be "standing and staring out the window," haha.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:46 AM
Super Moderator

Good morning everyone!

I'm in this week after taking a an off-week due to my nail injury. It's better now. I cut the nail reaalllllyyy low and that has helped a lot with the pain. It looks silly, but I'd rather look silly than be in pain. And now the nail bed is only blue instead of purple/black - progress?

Honestly, a nail injury is probably not a reason to totally "give up" exercise, so on Tuesday of last week I decided to do a little experiment. I took the week off from logging/posting, and I tried to just make good food choices. I'm fairly certain my calories were up higher than normal every day (but probably less than/around maintenance) and I allowed myself a couple of indulgences -- some chicken 'n dumplings that I make in the slow cooker, and some strawberry shortcake that I made from scratch. Neither extremely healthy choices, but I kind of wanted to see if the fair/bad choices would reflect on the scale since I am in The Plateau To End All Plateaus.

I weighed myself every day and you know what? It made not one lick of difference.

On Friday I had a "good" day -- greek yogurt for breakfast, a chicken wrap (loaded with veggies on a low-cal wrap, even) and an apple for lunch, and some leftover ground turkey in a taco salad for dinner. I also had one handful of Dark chocolate M&Ms for a dessert.

On Saturday morning I weighed 160.1.

On Saturday, I was bad. I had eggs and bacon on a full-fat biscuit for breakfast (cooked with BF), two tacos (ground turkey substitute instead of ground beef -- again eating leftovers) with just a little lettuce and a lot of FF cheese for lunch, chicken and dumplings for dinner (this is a recipe made with chicken breast, carrots, potatoes, chicken stock, a little flour for thickening, and the dumplings are refrigerated pillsbury dough boy refrigerated biscuits that I put on top and let turn into dumplings -- it's not the worst thing in the world, but the dumplings are just empty carbs, and I tend to make (and eat) a lot of 'em), two strawberry shortcakes that I made from scratch, plus 2.5 glasses of red wine. I went over-cal that day for sure. I also didn't have a workout all week, remember.

On Sunday morning I weighed 158.7

Oh, scale. It makes no sense. I almost had wanted it to be up so that it made SENSE. This entire plateau has been the Plateau Of No Sense. I've changed my workout habits (from Zumba to the Shred to the gym), my workout schedule, my eating habits, my water habits, I've clicked my heels three times and said that there's no place like home, and nothing. I've been waffling around 160 for three months now! ARGH! So annoying!!!!

I'm not giving up though. I'm going to keep wracking my brain. Part of me is saying that I just need to eat salads forever or something, but that's just not right, I know. Part of me is also wondering if it's just stress, or maybe my body just knows this is a "comfortable" weight and is being more stubborn than a mule.

Either way, I'm not going to let it win. I'm going to be even more accountable than usual this week, I think. I always log everything, but I'm also going to post my meals every day so that you guys see and that might help keep me on the straight and narrow.

Health and Lifestyle Goals

1) Keep calories under 1500 every day, weekends included.
2) Exercise for a total of four hours or more (I like Amy's way of adding up the minutes, so I will do that, maybe it will help) and post the TYPE of exercise
3) At least 80 oz. of water daily, shoot for 96
4) Calorie deficit of at least 3,500
5) Protein average for the week of 25-30%
6) Weigh M, W, F and post M: 160.3
7) In bed by 11:30
8) Post what I ate yesterday. Every single little thing.

Other Stuff

1) Get BC application in
2) Prepare for phone interview Thursday (nervous!!!!!)
3) No more than 30 minutes daily on non-work related websites at work, other than FD. Yes, I'm timing it. I have been a procrastinating procrastinator due to stress.
4) Call Dad on Friday after eye surgery
5) Make an effort on my appearance every day
6) Buy new workout clothes and underwear!!!!

Life has been crazy. My Dad's eye surgery is re-scheduled for this Friday and he actually appears to be really concerned about getting his blood sugar right. He's been going to his doctor weekly to discuss his insulin dosage, which is something he NEVER does (he hates the doctor) so I've been pleasantly surprised. My Mom also reports that he's been doing food research every day and has been discussing his sugar intake with her. He's so funny. My Mom said that he wouldn't eat melon because it's "bad for diabetics" but he ate several fun-size milky way bars daily "because they're so small, it can't hurt." -- but hey, now he's found out melon is GOOD and maybe those Milky Way bars are bad!!! He reported it like a revelation and my mother, bless her, was just super-encouraging and has said she'll go for two 15-minute walks a day with him. She also said he's thinking about eating 4-5 smaller meals daily to help his blood sugar not be so spiky.

Maybe, maybe, maybe... something will stick! I'm so hopeful.

Gotten a few more nibbles on the job front too -- a college I'm really interested in called for a phone interview this Thursday. I'm super-nervous because I'm better in person than on the phone (I talk really quickly, I need to slow down), but I know the phone interview is important. I know I'll feel better if I practice questions and over-prepare and keep info in front of me during the interview, so that's what I will do. I've also got a pilot experiment up and running and am feeling more positive about work in general, so I'm going to hopefully ride that feeling to a positive conclusion.

Okay. I know you guys probably didn't miss my novels, haha, so I am going to shut up now!

Happy Monday!

~Terri
Old 03-12-2012, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
Oh, scale. It makes no sense. I almost had wanted it to be up so that it made SENSE. This entire plateau has been the Plateau Of No Sense. I've changed my workout habits (from Zumba to the Shred to the gym), my workout schedule, my eating habits, my water habits, I've clicked my heels three times and said that there's no place like home, and nothing. I've been waffling around 160 for three months now! ARGH! So annoying!!!!
LOL on channeling Dotty, do you follow it up with a "yoga moment"? Oh sweet sweet Terri, you and and I have much in common. I've been often told that auctioneering would have been a solid career choice and I rattle off novels here on fitday too. I'm confess myself curious, do you interrupt people? I'm the worst! We all talk fast in my family, so I learned early to jump in and throw down, but find in the real world I come across as rude because when others pause to breathe, I strike! In my family, if you quit circle breathing and take a deep breath, you've intentionally given up the floor. Duh. Oh and I'm so in a plateau around the 160 mark.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Amy-dont you know that in the South we'll fry anything? My goodness, one of my very favorite things in the world is a deep fried pickle. Ooohhh or the deep fried Oreo.
You can get beer battered dill pickle chips at the local pub here, very yummy. And that kitchen in particular will deep fry anything to order (after 6:00pm, they are usually pretty drunk back there). But I've never heard of deep fried Oreos, I'm intrigued. I heard in TX they have people waiting in mile long lines for deep fried butter. It's hard to fathom, not the line so much, the finished product.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Goals (week 4 postpartum!):

1) walk every day at least 30 min (Y, walked 3 mi!)
2) super light strength training 2x
3) try not to crab at DH esp when I don't get any sleep
Old 03-12-2012, 03:52 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
LOL on channeling Dotty, do you follow it up with a "yoga moment"? Oh sweet sweet Terri, you and and I have much in common. I've been often told that auctioneering would have been a solid career choice and I rattle off novels here on fitday too. I'm confess myself curious, do you interrupt people? I'm the worst! We all talk fast in my family, so I learned early to jump in and throw down, but find in the real world I come across as rude because when others pause to breathe, I strike! In my family, if you quit circle breathing and take a deep breath, you've intentionally given up the floor. Duh. Oh and I'm so in a plateau around the 160 mark.
I wish I could have a yoga moment!!!! Maybe I need to do yoga and that'll be the ticket, right?

Oh my goodness, I do interrupt people, I'm awful. I'm from the Boston area baby, we all talk fast, and we're rude and crude and socially unacceptable. I'm actually fairly reluctant to speak when I'm being totally natural, but through force of habit I've just learned that to be heard at all I've got to talk over others. It's gotten me more than one reprimand here in the South, where people tend to talk slowly and I get impatient as heck when I know their point already. Ah well. Maybe I'll learn. Right? I totally hear you on family, it's like that for sure with me too.

If you figure out what to do to break 160, I'll seriously pay you for the secret. SO frustrated!
Old 03-12-2012, 04:11 AM
Super Moderator

Amy, shopping can be a real experience here! It's difficult for me to not be fatter than I already am. Just wait until crawfish are in season and I consume a bajillion mg of sodium in one day. I can gain 5 pounds in an afternoon.

I weighed in at 181.8 (down 2.8 for the week)

I'll post up goals later. I need to get my ass in gear. Summer is quickly approaching and my yellow polka dot bikini is calling my name.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.